Identification Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grover

Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I have a Channel Master 36"X24" Superdish(?) w/ 3 LNBs. ALL 3 have TWO coax leads.
The two side-saddle Lnbs are LNBFs.
The main, focal point LNB on the support arm looks like a Primestar LNB.
The sidesaddle bracket(on the left side of the support arm, facing the dish) has markings:
"Outer LNBF" for the outer one, of course, and between the outer and inner LNBF, is the marking on the bracket:
"SAT 129"
The guy from whom I bought the rig, said it was his father-in-law's for D**hNet. He sold the switch on ebay and does not remember
the model number.
The markings on the main, center LNB are:
Dish Digital LNB P270
Dish 3041221

I do not know the purpose of the TWO coax leads from EACH LNB(F)??

If the center LNB is FSS capable,(H AND V), what adaptor do I need to connect to port #4 of my DisEqc switch and on to my Nexus-S??
I want to pick up Sat 121.
Thanks for any help, 'cause I don't know what I have.

Well, I don't know a lot about what you've got, and it appears you're not trying to setup an E* system - but an FTA one, so you might want to post over there for help.

Anyway, 2 outputs are exactly that - 2 outputs. Allows you to hook up 2 receivers to the LNB, OR, provide the required 2 inputs (odd & even) to a multi-switch.

Superdish

The super dish you have doesn't sound like a dish network version but I could be mistaken. If it is a D**net version heres what I know.There are two types of super dishes for dish network with two different configurations. Type one dish is medal, Type two is fiberglass. Both dishes will work for both of the FSS satellites. The LNBF configuration is different for the 121 and 105. For 3 sat. locations just take one lead from each LNBF and connect them to a DP34 switch. Don't worry about the extra outputs on the LNBF.

The P270 is rated for 11.7-12.2 GHz although with 2 outputs it may be for H/V switching so you'd be better off ditching it and going for a standard Ku LNB with your Nexus..
As for the 129 sat marking the only thing I can come up with is that the dish was once used for Starband maybe?
Pictures would help a lot.

BTW, what do you want to pick up on 121?

Sounds like the dish was used for Philly minor locals (Philadelphia minor locals were on 129 until moved to 61.5)

The reason of the 2 lines per slot owuld be it was designed to go into a SW64, which allowed 3 inputs and 4 outputs for Dish receivers

Thanks all, it helped a lot.
I believe Iceberg came the closest. The dish came from the Phila viewing area, and the son-in-law of the previous owner said he sold the switch on ebay and seemed to recall the number 64 in the model/type.
Today I took the arm with lnbs to a D**h dealer/Installer and he said it was from an old D**net rig. So I guess I either get a 4X2 Sw for the prime focus FSS lnb or get a Standard LNB to replace the original. Do they make adaptor brackets for this type of lnb mounting?
Again, thanks to all.

We are so lucky to have Tony here at the FTA forum, his knowledge of satellite is uncanny, IMO, its always better to avoid a switch if you can, and the newer LNBF will be lower noise than even LNBs from a few years ago. I dont know if there are brackets available to do the LNB swap , but I am sure with some minor modifications you could get it to work, maybe some one here has done it........? Again a picture would help.

grover

As long as you aren't planning to do anything illegal with it, you don't have to put the ** in Dish Network :)

Yep, that's the Philly dish....a precursor to the SuperDish :)

If you're looking to use it for FTA, you should be able to rig a KU LNB on it.

Iceberg,
No, not as yet. Have to wait until my soc. security check arrives. <g>
And I'm confused with the terminology of Linear Vs Standard in respect to LNBs.
So if I want to hit FSS at 121, what do I need?
Thanks
Also, I have to finish cobbleing together a non-penetrating roof mount for the dish. Been years since I have welded.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts