Smart TV Samsung 50" 3D LED

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
I got a New Samsung TV LED today. I'm not used to all these options yet. How do you find the right picture to display. It seems like the people are whiter then they should be. I see there's white balance. Something with dark, darker and darkest not sure if that's the tones. I had another Samsung TV but it was LCD maybe it's the LED I'm not used to yet. Is there a site or something with the correct picture setting. And I see they have a color bar and white and black bar. So many different ways to change the picture.

And is there a way to change to see if you are getting the 120 refresh rate? I see when I hit the different sources I see 60P or 60i. It's the 2013 model. The one I had was 2010 big difference in the apps and the speed of the Internet.

Thanks,
Chris

Use Movie Picture Mode on a Samsung, Warm 2 or whatever is max. If its too red for you, back it off to Warm 1 or Normal, whatever is next.

Id also recommend a disc like spears and munsil to help you check contrast settings and set brightness properly. What is the model number, Ill take a look at the manual for you.

Use Movie Mode

I recommend getting spears and munsil or DVE for Contrast and Brightness, or you can download a free disc like AVS709 and burn it to DVD-R and then put it in your blu-ray player. With an LED LCD I like to set Contrast as high as I can with test patterns, set Brightness, then eek up the backlight setting as far as I have to to get it bright enough, then go no further. I dont like backlight too high because you get more clouding and flashlighting from the led's. You can also set Sharpness with one of those discs too.

For Pic Size Id use Screen Fit
Id cut Dyn Contrast and Black Tone off
Flesh Tone 0
Color Space should be Auto
For Color Tone Id set it as Warm as possible, then dial back towards Normal/Cool until you find one you like. Usually the Warmest setting is too warm (red) but lowering it will then make it appear to blue.

I think that should cover the basic stuff.

Okay thanks for the suggestions. I did a remote support yesterday the woman was no help at all. Maybe you have to talk to the right person about settings not sure.

Okay thanks going to order one now. I was going to get the wireless keyboard but I will get this first. Thanks again for your help!!

Go to the AVS Forums. Search your TV and you should find an owner's thread with all kinds of setting suggestions. Very helpful place.

Go to the AVS Forums. Search your TV and you should find an owner's thread with all kinds of setting suggestions. Very helpful place.

That place can make you see issues that don't even exist on your tv too. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)