Smart TV & sling

...........That's the reason that Dish is moving towards Hopper/Joey system from the existing VIP 722 series specifically. In Hopper/Joey they can bill for each TV...where as in a 722, 2 TV functionality is built in. Another reason why 2nd 722 is billed $17 (not sure)

You sabotaged your own argument. A joey is $7, the exact same cost a VIP 722 is over a VIP receiver without a second output such as a 612 that costs $10.

You sabotaged your own argument. A joey is $7, the exact same cost a VIP 722 is over a VIP receiver without a second output such as a 612 that costs $10.
Don't act too smart.

If you have a 722 + 612 on your account you can watch 3 independent TV with 4 tuner and you pay $7 dvr fees + $10 as you so rightfully pointed out.

For same setup to feed 3 tv in hopper + 2 Joey...you pay $12 dvr fees + $14 for 2 Joeys.

Don't act too smart. You are comparing a full Hopper system - the post was directly comparing one 722 to a Joey to simply watch in another room. Talking about features, more tuners etc is another discussion.
One good thing DISH does do, the highest costing VIPl receiver is considered the first receiver.

3 hd tvs with full integration on the DVR with 2 Tb Harddrive and transfer capability vs 2 Hd one Sd TVs, only streaming access and no integration between the two receivers.

Reactions: Tampa8
Don't act too smart. You are comparing a full Hopper system - the post was directly comparing one 722 to a Joey to simply watch in another room. Talking about features, more tuners etc is another discussion.
One good thing DISH does do, the highest costing VIPl receiver is considered the first receiver.
When you originally quoted my 1st post....you edited out the real reason. I told the reason dish charges for virtual Joey is because they can. And yes.....that's the reason they don't have any app on roku(and such devices).

722 was an example vs Joey. Have no intention of comparing the features between VIPs and Hopper.

3 hd tvs with full integration on the DVR with 2 Tb Harddrive and transfer capability vs 2 Hd one Sd TVs, only streaming access and no integration between the two receivers.

Better said than I did. That's was exactly what I meant by comparing the two systems is a very different discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts