Smart TV versus Streaming Stick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Important point. If you get HBO via Amazon, you can login to the HBO Now app with your Amazon credentials, so I recommend this if you are already a Prime customer, as it is the best of both worlds.
Yep, and use the TV' or DISH remote control.

So how do you keep up with your favorite program in HBO? You can't set a timer, it is not in the DISH guide, and it is not in my Titantv.com favorites list. All this streaming stuff is not for me. I cannot see why so many give up a nice Hopper DVR for streaming. PITA. I hope DISH gets HBO back someday.

You can add series to your list, imaginatively name "My List" in the HBO Now app or "Watchlist" in the Prime Video app.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sorry-I assumed you had a computer-my mistake.

You made no mistake. I have many. :p

By the way, I experimented with my Joey3 and I can indeed browse to some of my network gear and play DVD rips just fine. The trick play sucks beyond belief. I couldn't get it to pause or stop! Fortunately, the Back button still worked. The issue that has me really perplexed is what shows up in the Devices tab. That shows only 2 W7 computers and a Buffalo Linkstation. All my other network streamers show a whole lot more devices than that. Why some and not others?

So can you log in to HBO in multiple devices like you can with Netflix and pick up where you left off? For example if I log in the the Amazon Prime HBO app and then sometime log in to the Fire Stick HBO app.

Amazon store card gives you back 5% in rewards redeemable as a bill credit or towards amazon purchase. Technically a person can save $0.75 on hbo going thru amazon with this card.

Amazon has been advertising this forever. Just decided to get on the band wagon about 6 months ago with this & happy I did. Saved around $80 so far, every bit helps.

Personally, I prefer a "dumb TV" + a streamer (Roku or Fire Stick) because smart TV apps are so hit or miss, and their performance varies. But if you already have smart TV's, just scroll through the available apps and decide if they are what you need. If they are the ones you're looking for, then no, you don't need a separate streaming stick.

Exactly.

A Roku Is so much easier

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts