Smoking more meat

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
Made venison summer sausage in the MasterBuilt today. Saved enough of the venison/pork mix for patties on the grill for lunch. This was my first effort at summer sausage. The results were most satisfactory and I will be using some more of my ground venison for this again soon.

(the old smoking meat thread is too old — I was unable to reply in it)

Attachments

• summersausage-1.jpg
    summersausage-1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 227
  • summersausage-6.jpg
    summersausage-6.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 264
  • summersausage-5.jpg
    summersausage-5.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 241
  • summersausage-4.jpg
    summersausage-4.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 263
  • summersausage-3.jpg
    summersausage-3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 246
  • summersausage-2.jpg
    summersausage-2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 243
  • summersausage-7.jpg
    summersausage-7.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Mmmmm.... Love that Noble Pils..... I'm leaving for 3 weeks in Germany next week. I'm gonna have my fair share of the excellent Pils available there.

Trying something... started a 11.12 lb. Brisket (cut in 1/3rd's) in my old Brinkman with Royal Oak Charcoal/Kingsford Mesquite Brickets... going to cook in it for a couple of hours then finish off in the Orion... Marinated over night with an Apple Cider/Apple Juice mix plus some of my rub...

Trying something... started a 11.12 lb. Brisket (cut in 1/3rd's) in my old Brinkman with Royal Oak Charcoal/Kingsford Mesquite Brickets... going to cook in it for a couple of hours then finish off in the Orion... Marinated over night with an Apple Cider/Apple Juice mix plus some of my rub...

Did you seperate the point and flat?

Picked up five butts today. Will be putting them on the smoker Thursday in prep for my daughter's grad party. Planning on pulling them around noon on Friday and then saving them for the Saturday party. I'd start on Friday, but there won't be any time on Saturday.

Mixing up the rubs tonight after her senior night soccer game.

I don't know if there is enough beer in town to get me through all the cooking!

Just started the butts for my daughter's graduation party.

Attachments

• gradsmoke.jpg
    gradsmoke.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 228
Finished grad party product. Had a sandwich for lunch (can't have guests eating bad product). Turned out very will. I started them yesterday at 2:00 p.m. and pulled them about noon. No stall, but I did lower the smoker temp to 200°F overnight.

Attachments

• gradsmoke-2.jpg
    gradsmoke-2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 236
  • gradsmoke-3.jpg
    gradsmoke-3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 249

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)