SMS pic messages?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Andyman33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Anyone know what "late summer 2009" means? Is that not now? Jeebus lol. Anyone with any more info than that?

Anyone know what "late summer 2009" means? Is that not now? Jeebus lol. Anyone with any more info than that?

It means that AT&T is hosing us.

I've had MMS enabled on my girlfriends iphone with T-mobile service since 3.0 became available. All the while I have to put up with those annoying go to this website put in a secret code text messages.

Jeeze! I've been sending MMS Pics since the beginning of time on my blackeberry! I can't believe the iPhone doesn't have this capability already!

WOW, I find it hard to believe that so many people want MMS. Personally I have never used it with any of my phones that I have owned. I like to just email them off of my phone instead of sending them as a MMS message.

Why is that so hard to believe? I do not get people that say that.

I just don't know anybody that uses it, that is why. Emails seem to be where everybody that I know seems to send their photo's to. This includes people with Blackberrys.

Well I use email because I am forced to, but the bottom line is there are still lots and lots of people who use it and will always use it..But for instance my kids do not have have smart phones and if there are pictures I want to send them I cant..

I don't know many people with email on their phone but I know tons that send pics from their phones. I've also known many that have brought back their iPhone since they are used to sending MMS.

I just don't know anybody that uses it, that is why. Emails seem to be where everybody that I know seems to send their photo's to. This includes people with Blackberrys.

A lot of people with smart phones text for quick communication. I've sent pictures as text attachments via MMS to multiple people who later told me they couldn't open it since they had an iPhone. How is the user on the other end supposed to know to send via email and not text or mms?

A lot of people with smart phones text for quick communication. I've sent pictures as text attachments via MMS to multiple people who later told me they couldn't open it since they had an iPhone. How is the user on the other end supposed to know to send via email and not text or mms?

They they couldn't open it because it was a iPhone then they just don't know how to use it. You can get it if you are on an iPhone. FYI I do know that many people text for quick communications. I do all of the time but I just don't send photo's.

The other reason that I send via email and not MMS is how do I know that they have a plan that covers the MMS messages and I am not just costing them money by sending it.

I don't know many people with email on their phone but I know tons that send pics from their phones. I've also known many that have brought back their iPhone since they are used to sending MMS.

I also know many people that have returned their Blackberrys and Windows Mobile phones for various reasons as well.

We're not talking about techy people here. They figure since their cheapo flip camera phone that they been sending photos to their friends for years will do the same thing as the iphone. There's the types that don't care if you have MMS or not, they just send them since it has become the norm to have MMS on your phone. I can guarantee you they don't understand they can send the MMS to an email address either. I can also tell you they didn't realize people can text them from an email address using the carriers email-SMS portal. They just do all they know...take a pic...hit send...pick their buddy...peck a quick message and hit done. Since it has become such a norm and quick process for them they expect any phone to be able to do this without jumping through hoops...remembering what carrier their friends have...etc.

I'm a techy person and I know I would never use MMS if I had to remember how to send using my email. It's just not worth the trouble.

I'm a techy person and I know I would never use MMS if I had to remember how to send using my email. It's just not worth the trouble.

Didn't know that picking a name out of the address book is jumping through hoops.

I agree that the iPhone should have this feature. Just pointing out to many of the people that are bashing it that you can do the same thing without much hassle. There are even some supported iPhone apps that allow you to do it with not having to use your email.

Wow, I guess I hit a nerve...in any case, I work a lot and love when my wife sends me a quick picture right to my phone of whatever my daughter is doing...and I can send a pic of me back to her...quick and easy and not through email. Its not that email doesn't work it does just fine, but I can also go to our flickr site and see 1000's of pictures. It's just easier for right spur of the moment "look what charlotte is doing". Was just trying to figure out if anyone had more info on what "late summer" meant.

Didn't know that picking a name out of the address book is jumping through hoops.

I agree that the iPhone should have this feature. Just pointing out to many of the people that are bashing it that you can do the same thing without much hassle. There are even some supported iPhone apps that allow you to do it with not having to use your email.

Yep...I thought the same thing, but people don't like change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)