Snowfall in Dixie

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Monday morning at 2 AM, it was 50 degrees here in Holland , by noon it was 17 degrees and snowing ( as usual ) . We got about 4 inches overnight, and it's dusting down now. We have 2 1/2 feet of snow on our living room deck ( haven't shoveled it all , and don't intend to ) .
Not even winter, yet ! :)

-15 this morning....my uncle near the Canadian border had -28

and now its snowing :(

LOL we finally got the heat wave they've been promising this morning .... a balmy -25 C (about the same in F) It was -42 with the wind the past couple of days ...... :D

We have 2 1/2 feet of snow on our living room deck ( haven't shoveled it all , and don't intend to ) .
Not even winter, yet ! :)

obviously the dish farm is not on the deck huh? ;)

my pet peeve...if there is snow on the deck it gets swept off...because ya never know when I have an idea to work on the dish farm...plus if we get a lot of snow I need to get the ladder out and sweep around the motorized

this is what my motorized look like a couple years ago after a blizzard

Attachments

• 000_0087.jpg
    000_0087.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 000_0088.jpg
    000_0088.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 95
My Dishes are sitting outside my basement "office" daylight window , on the South side of the house. Soon to be joined by the 1.2m dish arriving in 25 MINUTES ! Oh BOY !!!! :)
My 90cm dish is mounted too close to the ground, too. Have to get out and clear its path when there's more than 6 " of snow !

Last edited:
Winter is off to a bad start here in upstate NY. Last Thursday we had an ice storm pass through. We lost power at home Thursday and didn't get it back until late Sunday. Some parts of Columbia County here just getting power back today, one week later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)