snowpiercer

I had low expectations, so I actually really enjoyed the pilot episode. I mean, as a new show that's actually offering us new content, based on a movie that didn't exactly beg to have multiple seasons of a TV show delve further into its story lines and setting.

Well, I watched it ....
Like lparsons21 said, good, not great ...

It almost plays more to a movie than a series from what I saw ...

I did a small amount of investigating and found that it WAS a Movie back in 2013 .

I think I may watch the movie and see what I think of it instead of getting involved in a weekly on this one.

Well see if I find time to do that though.

I did watch the movie, and like the TV show, it was good and not great. But both are grounded in the idea of the train for no actual reason that is ever given.

I just read the plot of the movie and it doesn't sound like the show follows the movie all that closely ...
Maybe the show has to go in more detail as the movie is a set time frame.

What do you think, seeing you have seen the movie.

The similarities between the movie and the TV show are limited to the train, the trip, the mix of people in different classes. And both show the interaction, or lack of, between the classes and of course the have nothings want to take over the train.

But there is no murder mystery in the movie and the owner of the train is definitely not a woman.

Essentially the same thing but with a much different plot line. I enjoyed the movie and am enjoying the series.

The similarities between the movie and the TV show are limited to the train, the trip, the mix of people in different classes. And both show the interaction, or lack of, between the classes and of course the have nothings want to take over the train.

But there is no murder mystery in the movie and the owner of the train is definitely not a woman.

Essentially the same thing but with a much different plot line. I enjoyed the movie and am enjoying the series.
And your not having any issues keeping the movie and the show separate, seeing how different things are and the people are different ... ?

And your not having any issues keeping the movie and the show separate, seeing how different things are and the people are different ... ?

No, not an issue. I saw the movie back when it was first on one of the Premiums, so it had been enough time. Then after I watched the first episode of the series, I went to Netflix and watched the movie again. I don’t find it difficult to keep the two separate as there are enough differences.

Reactions: Jimbo
Well, I watched it ....
Like lparsons21 said, good, not great ...

It almost plays more to a movie than a series from what I saw ...

I did a small amount of investigating and found that it WAS a Movie back in 2013 .

I think I may watch the movie and see what I think of it instead of getting involved in a weekly on this one.

Well see if I find time to do that though.
There's only nine episodes this season.

I saw the Snowpiercer movie a few years ago and enjoyed it as a free-be on a streaming service (good not but not great, as stated above). I read a lot of books that get turned into movies and TV shows, so I never give any thought to things like keeping one separate from the other (constantly making mental comparisons among media formats is inherent to how I consume entertainment).

With that said, the first episode started to look like it was following the movie pretty closely (Tailies desperate and trying to fight their way up the train cars), but then the murder mystery kicked in, along with the twist about "Mr. Wilford," and it suddenly got a lot more interesting. I don't expect this to be a "peak TV" kind of show, more like passable, if not above average, summer filler.

Started watching this last night. As stated several times above, OK so far.

Had to look up who plays the Ruth character as she looks familiar, oh yea, from The Americans.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I like the TV show more than the movie, but I saw the TV series first. The movie felt rushed and the ideas could have been presented better. The series presents the classes in a way that makes more sense, tailies are illegals, class c are the workers, b are the professionals, a are the upper class.