Snowy Screen on 722 HD receiver

logger31

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
South Central PA
My grandparents have a 4 room dish package and one of the receivers has a snowy screen. Deciding to help them i checked to see if the cables were in good shape which they were. Channel selector was good and and on channel 4 but it still has a snowy screen. I thought it had to be something with the input switch but that didnt help either. Technical support was baffled as well. Have to wonder whats going on here.

Is it TV1 or TV2 ?

TV1 will most likely be one of the video inputs unless there is an OTA module or RF modulator being used.

TV2 is usually ch. 60 or ch. 73 Open the front panel on the right hand side and press the sys info button. It will tell you what channel TV2 should be on in the lower right hand corner

Is it TV1 or TV2 ?

TV1 will most likely be one of the video inputs unless there is an OTA module or RF modulator being used.

TV2 is usually ch. 60 or ch. 73 Open the front panel on the right hand side and press the sys info button. It will tell you what channel TV2 should be on in the lower right hand corner

It was actually TV 1 remote so i assume its the same for the receiver. I was told to check channel 62 but that made no difference as it was.

TV1 is usually where the rec itself is, especially if it is a HDTV. If it is a SD tv, it might also being going thru a VCR that needs to be powered on and set to the right input

Did the tv need to be on ch 4 when it was first installed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)