Snowy screen since new CUI

It is no wonder people don't come to this site. Even with the smiley face, people don't need to be insulted when the post some concern.

Reactions: tallfence
To answer some of the ?'s & comments..............
yes, I know what a snowy screen is & that is what I was getting
yes, I was on the correct tv input & not the tuner input
for the SA remark by Tampa.......I don't use drugs

now for those that truly made suggestions to try & help.........I unplugged the hdmi cable from the hws & the tv & then plugged them in again. That seemed to solve the problem, at least for now
I was thinking maybe it was a handshake issue as well, but it did not bother my main tv & other hws

I just had this same thing happen tonight. We were using another input on the TV, switched to the Joey input and it was snow. It was not that much different from old fashioned analog snow, just smaller pixels. I turned the Joey on and back off again and that set it back to normal.

I just had this same thing happen tonight. We were using another input on the TV, switched to the Joey input and it was snow. It was not that much different from old fashioned analog snow, just smaller pixels. I turned the Joey on and back off again and that set it back to normal.
What you are seeing is one of the failure modes of HDMI. It's digital noise caused when the receiving device can't lock to the source for whatever reasons. You often experience combinations of black screen, full screen noise, bands of noise that move or come and go, pink or green streaks or regions of the picture.

Marginal cables are often the cause especially if they are long. The cable could also be defective. The sending or receiving HDMI ports could also be marginal/defective.

Reactions: eddie willers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts