So any NEW ???

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
So can we expect any new HD or any other channels tomorrow?
Since the big Show is this week, I thought they just might light something up for us.

It has been so quiet around here... I vote for something significant tomorrow. Note that Charlie can keep his word, and split the difference (between now and Feb) by giving Absolute customers a free preview of what they'll get in February for extra $$$. I guess I'm saying "new HD tomorrow", followed by package flag changes and cost increases in February. All you Absolute customers do know that $30/mo was too good to be true (for long).

I have been with Dish for a bunch of years. i have the hd gold + platinum + MAX for penny. I am happy to have some of the hd content. but with hd gold going up 10.00 bucks, I really wonder if it 's worth it. The one thing I have learned form Dish is to be prepared for disappointment. I hope they activate more channels soon but i will not hold my breath. i think what hd comes next will be after the price increase. It's one way to bring in more subscribers after the increase. From what i have seen the channels we'll get in the coming soon section aren't worth another ten bucks plus the additional increase of the dvr advantage.

Well, it looks like DirecTV has Comedy Central HD warming up now, according to the "other site" uplink guru.

Come on Charlie, blow the DirecTV announcement out of the water with the launch of the Viacom and Fox networks.

It has been so quiet around here... I vote for something significant tomorrow. Note that Charlie can keep his word, and split the difference (between now and Feb) by giving Absolute customers a free preview of what they'll get in February for extra $$$. I guess I'm saying "new HD tomorrow", followed by package flag changes and cost increases in February. All you Absolute customers do know that $30/mo was too good to be true (for long).

Charlie keep his word...all I can smell is coffee and my keyboard is brown.

Well, it looks like DirecTV has Comedy Central HD warming up now, according to the "other site" uplink guru.

Come on Charlie, blow the DirecTV announcement out of the water with the launch of the Viacom and Fox networks.

So Comedy Central HD actually exists?

"Blow them out of the water" by launching the channels DirecTV already has?

What do you think the press and public will pick up on more, the provider launching 1 channel or the one launching 7+ channels? Besides, They could also drum up their exclusives, like Travel HD and the HBO/Cinemax stations. With Fox and Viacom on the Dish lineup, what will DirecTV have Dish doesn't (besides sports)? Crime and Investigation HD? Heck, that's on Charlies list and could be launched, too.

They could also drum up their exclusives, like Travel HD and the HBO/Cinemax stations.

They should have been doing that anyway.

With Fox and Viacom on the Dish lineup, what will DirecTV have Dish doesn't (besides sports)? Crime and Investigation HD? Heck, that's on Charlies list and could be launched, too.

"We were behind and now we're not" is good news for people like me, but playing catch up is not "blowing them out of the water."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts