World Junior hockey championship-- not on NHL Network?

grb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Southern CA
The NHL Network has been broadcasting the World Junior hockey championships over the past week -- great coverage and great games.

The final game for the world championship between Canada and Sweden is
scheduled for today, 1/05/09 at 7:30 pm EST. According to the Dish guide this game will not be shown, although the NHL Network online indicates in their program guide that it will be.

I'm hoping that it is an error in the Dish guide and not some kind of non-compete issue with the Versus NHL game broadcast tonight. Hard to imagine they would broadcast the tournament to date with full knowledge that they would not broadcast the final. Kinda like reading a good book and finding the last five pages are missing...only in this case will know who ripped them out!

The game you wanted is now showing in the guide, have to assume it is being shown.

Yeah, the guide was updated just before the program came on...

Great game, great hockey! There were several NHL 18/19 year old players in the tournament. Some of the most passionate, intense hockey ever broadcast.

I noticed the FiOS EPG said something generic like "Hockey - no description". Anyway, I always enjoy watching the World Junior championship, but I miss my StarChoice subscription when it comes time for hockey season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts