So far no luck activating the Hopper

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Installer came today to install the hopper and 3 Joeys. The job was to replace 622, 722, run the cable to the guest house (see my previous post) and install all Joeys. The installer came on time at 8AM. It took about an hour and a half to rewire all the cable and run the cable to the gust house. Once the hopper was connected it took about 30 min to get to the hopper authorization process. That is where the problem started. The screen display the message that the process should take 10 to 15 min. It did not. Installer waited about 30 min before the first restart, then another 30 min before the second restart, during all that waiting he was talking to the tech reps on the phone. He could not get it activated and left, saying he will come back later. The screen still displays the same message.

So far I got a non active hopper and no installer.

Installer came today to install the hopper and 3 Joeys. The job was to replace 622, 722, run the cable to the guest house (see my previous post) and install all Joeys. The installer came on time at 8AM. It took about an hour and a half to rewire all the cable and run the cable to the gust house. Once the hopper was connected it took about 30 min to get to the hopper authorization process. That is where the problem started. The screen display the message that the process should take 10 to 15 min. It did not. Installer waited about 30 min before the first restart, then another 30 min before the second restart, during all that waiting he was talking to the tech reps on the phone. He could not get it activated and left, saying he will come back later. The screen still displays the same message.

So far I got a non active hopper and no installer.

Well Brother i am in the same boat.......my installer had to go get another box and bring it back. We are sitting on the same message with the 2nd box. he told me that his business/installing service has had the same problem with several boxes. I hope this one goes well...........wish me luck. i will update in a little bit. appt was for 8-12 and he got here at 130pm......it is now 645 and no TV...........March madness is going on!!!!

ok finally got my hopper and joey to finally connect........the problem ended up being a 2nd line not being completely connected to the dish itself. it was run just not connected. It must have fried the 1st receiver and he did not notice it until the second one was running the software update. After that the 2nd hopper did same as first and then he fixed the wires and boom the 3rd receiver updated and connected right away. poor guy i felt bad for him. I was his first hopper install.

now to get my harmony remote to connect......so far no go. IR is enabled

ok finally got my hopper and joey to finally connect........the problem ended up being a 2nd line not being completely connected to the dish itself. it was run just not connected. It must have fried the 1st receiver and he did not notice it until the second one was running the software update. After that the 2nd hopper did same as first and then he fixed the wires and boom the 3rd receiver updated and connected right away. poor guy i felt bad for him. I was his first hopper install.

now to get my harmony remote to connect......so far no go. IR is enabled

My harmony 900 works just fine... it used to be set to my 922..

What IR remote address was your previous receiver set to?

The Hopper/Joeys can only use IR address #1

my tech had to factory reset all hoppers in my house to get them to process past that point and active... after the factory reset, process took less than 20-30 min per hopper and joeys

Hi Guys, I got it. I went back into my Logitech software and changed it to 922(from 722) and it is perfect........thx for ur help!!

Oh good, Logitech fixed it. I tried to program one of my remotes last night and I'd get a big fat can't connect error message. Thanks for posting and letting me know. :) I was afraid it wasn't going to get done before my wife returned home from a retreat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)