Can existing Cox coax be used?

markar

Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
United States
We recently moved to a different house and would like to switch from Cox to Dish with the Hopper/Joey configuration. Currently there are 5 inside jacks, with the Cox feed coming into the outside (cox) box and from there, 5 cables go into the house, LR, BR, BR, BR,KI. If these are RG6 cable, would we be able to use the existing inside wiring? It's a two story brick house on slab with hardly any attic access so it looks like it would be quite difficult to run new wiring. I know I will have to run an extra cable to allow me to keep Cox internet, but fortunately, that outlet would be pretty simple for me to run a new cable as it is just above the cable entry on an outside wall but I don't think the others would be quite as easy.

Also, who typically owns the cables that connect from inside the outside COX box to the house? Can you even disconnect those for use with DISH? thanks!

You need one RG6 coming from the NODE (which is hooked to the dish) to the Hopper. The other cables can be RG52 or RG6. It dosent matter. :)

From what I've seen and heard in the field the cable company does own those lines have I used cable company's lines before hell yes will I again hell yes ( if it's RG6 I never use RG59 even on hopper just because ) but the cable company's like Comcast have a lovely habit of using quad shield RG6 so I think it works out better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)