This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

so how bad or how good is it? video quality

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I want to switch back to CV now that they have have SciFi in HD and I hope will launch more HD in non SDV in the coming year

That and I really mis my tivo's (and I don't want to wait for D* to get TiVo)

So what should I expect to see for video on national HD and local HD (plus good old fashioned SD) on my HD TiVo boxes?

Thanks in advance
JOhn

D* has Tivo. My son who lives in Weston, MA has had it for several weeks. He got it when he upgraded his D* to receive all the HD content.

D* has Tivo. My son who lives in Weston, MA has had it for several weeks. He got it when he upgraded his D* to receive all the HD content.

is it the old HD Tivo box that DirecTV used? I didn't think they offered that nor tht it would work with with the MPEG4 channels?

do you have a model number?

Thanks in advance

I just switched from CV to dish. CV dvr's are far from tivo. The DVR, menu's, and guides for CV is one of the major reasons I switched. They lack a lot of features. As far as HD, Dish has far more content. CV only has one HD HBO, Cinemax, Stars. I was pleased that dish has several HD of each of the premium channels.