So how many hams view this forum??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thats great to hear Scott keep in mind that ham radio and police scanner monitoring are 2 separate hobbies and should be kept in separate forums.

How many hams here are active on hf and want to have a sked on 75m or 40m some evening.

How many hams here are active on hf and want to have a sked on 75m or 40m some evening.

40M SSB or CW???

WA2ACV Ham for 52 years mostly on VHF, just now getting back into HF and trying my hand at CW.

Have over 100 FM Satellite contacts, I tried to work Col. Doug Wheelock on the ISS quite a few time in the summer but he did not answer my call.

Way to go Scott, I do both Hobbies Ham, Scanner, and Some Shortwave and FTA.
mikelib

Our Ham and Police Scanner Technology Lovers forum is coming soon. :)

That's what you said 6 months ago! LOL :D K9SAT (Bob from Bourbonnais, IL ) Worked plenty of space craft, among the satellite arch! :D :) Allthough I havent worked the space station yet, or space shuttle. Need to upgrade my licence though. I wanted to do it last few months but havent had time.

I tried to work Col. Doug Wheelock on the ISS quite a few time in the summer but he did not answer my call. mikelib

Hi Mike I tried several times up to Col Wheelocks departure from the ISS and got nowhere, perhaps there is a transmission exclusion zone near my location. here's an interesting tube on him
YouTube - Space Station Crew Uses HAM Radio to Call Earth

Some of the cameras on the wall looked nice!
Regards

Hi Mike, well 40m SSB would be good. If you can get on 75M during the day I am on 3864 starting at 3pm ET daily. A great bunch of of from all over New England,NY,NJ and PA.

I would like to get a bunch of folks from here to get on as a group in the evening or afternoon on either 40 or 75M SSB sometime i think it would be fun.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton NH

I know Bob but I did'nt want to rub it in. :D :D
Bob N1WBD

That's what you said 6 months ago! LOL :D K9SAT (Bob from Bourbonnais, IL ) Worked plenty of space craft, among the satellite arch! :D :) Allthough I havent worked the space station yet, or space shuttle. Need to upgrade my licence though. I wanted to do it last few months but havent had time.

K1WY Bill here.

Work all the ham sats and have talked with Mir, shuttle and Iss. Been a ham for 50 years ! (Must make me old !!)

Bill

I remember hearing the world's first Amateur radio station from space, W5LFL, Owen Garriott, on my way
to Detroit, MI. to take my Advanced test at the FCC office in 1983.

W8SOL - Jim

Hi Mike I tried several times up to Col Wheelocks departure from the ISS and got nowhere, perhaps there is a transmission exclusion zone near my location. here's an interesting tube on him
YouTube - Space Station Crew Uses HAM Radio to Call Earth

Some of the cameras on the wall looked nice!
Regards
Hi Pedro,

I heard Col Wheelock alot this summer, therte was passes north of me and I heard him very well most of the time he was working mid-western states and when he passed over Canada and out over the Atlantic Ocean he would work New England Ham, only once I heard him come back to a New Jersey station.

Check this website out for ISS info ISS Fan Club | get in touch with the International Space Station .

de Mike

Hi Bob,
I can do 40 M SSB, can't do 80M only have a 40M dipole mounted as an inverted V in the attic. I live in an Adult Community HOA frowns on antenna's.

Have you received your KU FTA station that you won at Scotts Christmas party?

de mikelib

Hi Mike, well 40m SSB would be good. If you can get on 75M during the day I am on 3864 starting at 3pm ET daily. A great bunch of of from all over New England,NY,NJ and PA.

I would like to get a bunch of folks from here to get on as a group in the evening or afternoon on either 40 or 75M SSB sometime i think it would be fun.

Bob N1WBD
Grafton NH

Yes I did Mike. Hope to get it setup when WX is better. Too bad you can't get on 80m but we'll have to get a bunch of us together to get on 40m some evening and give it a go. Maybe we can figure out how we can get Scott to listen in and maybe he'll get bug and want to get his ticket. Satellite TV is great but being able to communicate via satellite and on hf etc is even better. :D

Bob N1WBD

Hi Bob,
I can do 40 M SSB, can't do 80M only have a 40M dipole mounted as an inverted V in the attic. I live in an Adult Community HOA frowns on antenna's.

Have you received your KU FTA station that you won at Scotts Christmas party?

de mikelib

Chief op, Jim, here. K9BUD. Been licensed since '61, I listen some on vlf to uhf and 800, but no tx ant. at present. Hope to fix tt when wx gets warmer. I have been using FTA for about 3 yrs, all KU band. 40 wud probably be the best freq. to get together on. I hope to get my 80m and 40m up this coming summer. 73, Jim. Also know as Jay and El_Viejo!! hi hi

KJ4EUC I need to take the next test so i can start playing with HF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.