So How To hook up remote tv without wires

drizler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
Im not sure this is even the right place to ask this but here. goes. My equipment is dish 722 , sling and a Samsung 6000 series flat screen the usual WIFI . So I put a tv in the basement in the workout room and it's a 40' run of cable to the thing as it ends up. Of course the Samsung has only HDTV outputs which is my headache. I don't want to go drilling any big holes in the floor floor to all the big plugs , pay for all that cable ect. As for signal I don't care if it is HD down there or some other channel either just a good enough signal to watch whatever is on receiver 1............or 2, don't really care. The Tv in the basement is a Cheaper Visio smart tv 2 years old. Sooooooo what is the easy simple workable option here for shooting a signal to that set?
One other thing. I just remembered that I just have just recieved a new 722 due to mine starting to fail but I haven't hooked it up yet. Would upgrading receivers be the better option right here and now?

That might be a good reason to upgrade to a Hopper setup, where you can use a Wireless Joey at the TV you don't run wires to. It would be a bit more expensive, as you would have higher monthly equip fees for the Hopper over the 722 you have now (not sure the price difference offhand) plus add'l monthly fee ($7) for the Wireless Joey at the second TV. That said, it would provide a wireless signal to that second TV location. I have a WJ in my setup, and it works very well so far.

Depending on the distance from the source, there are a number of "Wireless AV senders" on the market that could do the job.

Are you using a real slingbox or just the dish provided sling adapter? I have a Slingbox 350 on my 722 and I have several Western Digital WDTV media players, which have a sling app on them. I can sling video from the 722 around the house on my network via wifi and ethernet and out to the WDTV box at my lake house. Also use it to sling to the tv in our Condo in Las Vegas.

Wow, so many routes to take. So the sling box I have is a good old red square box that sits on top of the receiver with the HD plug . So you are saying that will sling to an app on my other smart tv? That, if it works out would be the ideal situation since I don't need any extra capabilities'.

Wow, so many routes to take. So the sling box I have is a good old red square box that sits on top of the receiver with the HD plug . So you are saying that will sling to an app on my other smart tv? That, if it works out would be the ideal situation since I don't need any extra capabilities'.
That's a sling adapter. Not a sling box. It will only work with Dish equipment and the Dish Anywhere app.

That sounds like Dish own sling adapter that plugs into the usb port on the 722 and only works with the Dishanywhere app on tablets and phones. You need an actual slingbox and something like a Roku or WDTV media player that has the sling app.

http://www.slingbox.com/

Depends on your own needs. I hate paying for extra receivers that I might only use an hour or so a week and I already had the equipment for slinging my Dish signal to my lake house and our condo, so adding another wdtv was right for me, then the sling app for the Roku was added and I could use it too via the sling app on my phone.

If you are planning on upgrading receivers soon and don't mind the extra monthly outlet fee a Hopper and wireless Joey may be more suited for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts