Date has disappeared in menu

badyellowvette

Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Pa
When I received a new Hopper replacement after hooking it up I was glad to see the year of a program was displayed in the preview at the top of the menu guide. Next morning date was gone. Dish tech support is NO help. Any idea whats going on or how to get it back?

When I received a new Hopper replacement after hooking it up I was glad to see the year of a program was displayed in the preview at the top of the menu guide. Next morning date was gone. Dish tech support is NO help. Any idea whats going on or how to get it back?
Many have reported that it can take as long as 72 hours for all items, options and issues to return to normal.

Talked to Dish today and they are sending me another Hopper. This will be the fourth one in less then a month. Wish I could wait until the Hopper 3 next month.

Since I just got mine a few days ago I don't know how it used to be. But if I am on the guide and highlight a program I get a truciated description of the program at the top center of the guide. I have to hit the info button to find out the date the program first aired.

Since I just got mine a few days ago I don't know how it used to be. But if I am on the guide and highlight a program I get a truciated description of the program at the top center of the guide. I have to hit the info button to find out the date the program first aired.
I'm pretty sure that's how it has always worked.

When first hooking my new hopper up the year is shown in that description at the top and it is gone the next day. Just want to figure out how to keep it. It must happen after the Hopper shuts itself off after so long with no activity.

I don't think your Hopper is broken. It has always worked like that. You need to select info to see the original air date.

Reactions: thomasjk
No I am looking in the guide. Wonder why the date appears in the program description at the top when viewing the guide then disappears the next day?

Received a new Hopper yesterday (one of my three turners was not working) hooked everything up, went through all the set up and The date is in the program preview at the top of the guide page. Tomorrow morning it will be gone and no one can tell me why or how to keep it there.

Received a new Hopper yesterday (one of my three turners was not working) hooked everything up, went through all the set up and The date is in the program preview at the top of the guide page. Tomorrow morning it will be gone and no one can tell me why or how to keep it there.
Take a photo and post it.

Here are some pictures after I first installed my new replacement Hopper. As you can see the date is clearly shown in the guide's preview of the show at the top. Today Show year 2016. Second photo,Tremors 2 on AMC year 1996.
Tomorrow morning year will be gone. I really miss the year, lets me know instantly if I want to watch or if I already seen the show, then I can keep surfing the menu or watch the show without pressing "info" then having to cancel and go back to the guide.

Because its two different guides, one is the trickle guide which is downloaded when you start up the receiver, however overnight the receiver downloads a different 9 day guide.

I think that is where the problem is.

She had me go into diagnostics-updates and disable inactivity standby. She said that has something to do with updates. I think she said updates only happen when receiver turns itself off during the night. I will see if date is there tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts