So... I called in and "moved" to Atlanta this morning, but...

SoxFan34

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
My local channels haven't changed. I have a 722... do I need to reset it or anything? I have only been a Dish customer for like two days... did I move too early?

What do I need to do to get the locals changed over?

Thanks,

Where do you really live? You might not be in an area that can get atlanta locals due to spotbeam coverage. Also for the HD locals, you need a dish for 129.

Where do you really live? You might not be in an area that can get atlanta locals due to spotbeam coverage. Also for the HD locals, you need a dish for 129.

The Atlanta HDs are CONUS, but the SD's are not. Which ones are you trying to get?

Was just going to edit my post to clarify that lakebum. Also I would assume with a 722, the OP is trying for HD locals.

I'm trying to get HD locals on 129...

My signal level on 129 is around 30.

I live in south georgia.

Thanks,

129 TP 4 has the atlanta HD locals, what is your signal on that?

I don't have dish anymore and never had a dish at 129 for HD (I used 61.5), but signal level of 30 sounds horrible.

Edit:

Looking at spotbeam maps, southern georgia is out of the prime spotbeam coverage for SD locals

129 TP 4 has the atlanta HD locals, what is your signal on that?

I don't have dish anymore and never had a dish at 129 for HD (I used 61.5), but signal level of 30 sounds horrible.

Remember the new signal meter though...

Dish recently changed the signal levels... 30 isn't as bad as it used to be, but definitely not ideal.

My signal strength on 129, TP 4 is roughly 40 - on the new signal scale.

What satellite and TP carries Atlanta locals SD?

I never had to reset my receivers when I "moved", but sometimes it did take a couple hours for stuff to show up.

It might be worth calling again

Where do you live in S. GA. I am in Adel and was contemplating doing the same thing. Does anyone know which transponder the Atlanta SD locals are on?

But remember the SD channels are spotbeam, so make sure you are inside that spotbeam to be able to receive them.

Sometimes they forget to change your locals on the initial call. There is an extra step and a lot of the reps are lacking in training. Just call them back and remind them. I'd suggest doing the tech option on the menu. Honest, it's probably that simple.

My local channels haven't changed. I have a 722... do I need to reset it or anything? I have only been a Dish customer for like two days... did I move too early?

What do I need to do to get the locals changed over?

Thanks,
im not sure about the 722 but on the 622 you will need to change the local channel priority from sd to hd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)