So I guess there's no NFLHD channel this year???

Microsoft bought it and now it's Vaporware? The new version will be released in 2005, I mean 2006, I mean 2007, no, that's 2008.

It's live on D* - FYI ... channel 90.

But only two programs a weeks - Wed and Thurs night. Two different "Games of the Week."

Maybe I'll set the HDTivo and check it out. ;)

Is it not showing at all on Voom? It seems its only a couple of programs a day - not 24 programming.

23rd - 3am, 4pm (today)
24th - noon
25th - 9pm, midnight
26th - 3am
27th - none
28th - none
29th - 9pm, midnight
etc, very limited programming it seems for now.

Tvlman said:
Nope, channel 90 on D* is an advertisement for the NFL-HD. It says to call your operator.

Check your guide, it's only showing the game of the week every now and then.

I'm not even seeing 311 on my PG. I called Voom they said when the Game of the week comes on it will pop up on my PG. It's Supposed to come on Wed and Thur at 9pm, I checked last night, nothing. Very dissapointing :(

But I got to see 'The U' in HD :)

What!?!?!? I thought the college games were on SAturday.. OMFG I FREAKING CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS GAME.... ARHKJAHSDFKJASHDKAASJDHKASJHDAKSJASD

rollerfink said:
Does anyone know what happened to channel 311? So far two weeks of the season and nothing.

Voom decided not to carry it I guess. D* has it as I watched replay at a friend house last night. Just wish what Voom say will happen and advertise for it would actually happen.....i.e. Olympics, NFL HD, and the blessed PG. :(

dnyce said:
I'm not even seeing 311 on my PG. I called Voom they said when the Game of the week comes on it will pop up on my PG. It's Supposed to come on Wed and Thur at 9pm, I checked last night, nothing. Very dissapointing :(

But I got to see 'The U' in HD :)

Yeah, I've checked multiple times when the game of the week is supposed to be on. No channel 311 and just SD on 312.

PVR, pushed back from Summer to Fall to who knows
PPV, non existent and no word on adding it anytime soon
NFL HD, promised but then not delivered

This is starting to feel like a college football game and the score is 49-0 in the second quarter and the other team just gives up.

I hope the execs at Voom are not holding back any new releases just waiting for an offer from Direct or Dish to jump ship on us and go buy a bigger yacht! :no

First let me put my flame suit on....

But...Who cares about the NFLHD channel, when last year the only HD they had was a watered down, edited, replays of a NFL game. For those who have not seen it, the game is not the same quality of HD as you would see on Sunday. I was very disappointed with that venture. Now, if they have different HD programming outside of the "Game of the Week" crap, then I apologize for misleading anyone. But, if the programming (1 show) is the same as last year, then I am not missing anything.

About Voom delivering as they promise....come on guys...we can have short term memory. They recently gave us TNTHD, SciFi, software upgrades, and both conventions. The PVR is running behind schedule, but hopefully we are talking about before EOY. If it takes a little more time to ensure that I get a fully functional piece of equipment, then by all means, let them get it right. Maybe it is me but, how many times did D* back out on promises, schedules, and deliverables? There history of not delivering spans over the course of years and it was with items that were readily available and had proven quality associated with them. (Whoa....I am getting off the topic)

I LOVE NFL football. But IMO, if we are mad at this one program (NFL HD Game of the Week), I don't feel it is worth it. Maybe the fight should be with the NFL HD Channel. With so many games being broadcasted in HD, why can't we see more than one HD game a week? Why can't we have the same quality of HD delivery as we would get on a Sunday or Monday? If this is fixed then I believe need for this channel on Voom would be worthwhile.

Mike

I concur. The NFL GOTW I saw last year on D* was NFL Films Quality and nowhere near the quality with live HD you get on Sunday. It's not a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned.