So I have a dilemma...

Tex Arcana

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
McKinney, TX
I've had Dish before, for damn near 10 years straight; so, obviously, I kinda liked them. But when we moved to an apartment from our house (long story, basically downsizing), we thought we couldn't do Dish because how the apartments are set up. So we went with uVerse for tv and Internet.

Needless to say, uVerse is insanely expensive. And the picture quality isn't all that good--severe pixelation on "busy" scenes and scene transistions.

Needless to say, I'm not pleased.

So, I'm looking to change, and I'd like to see what advice y'all can give me. We need TV & Internet, and I must have at least mostly HD with BBCA-HD and SPEED-HD; we also need the local channels.

The kicker is, we just pulled the trigger on a new home build, and the target completion date is around mid-late September, so we will have to move the service. 

So, what say ye, ye experts of satellite guys? Am I just barking up a tree? Or is there something out there (the only choices afaik are Dish, Direct, AT&T, and Time-Warner) that will give me what I need? 

Local zip code is 75070; zip where we're moving: 75409.

Thanks in advance.

You can get TWC without a contract for a bit more money. I had my issues, but it might be your best bet for now.

Do you have a south facing balcony or patio where you can place a cement filled bucket to hold a dish? If so, Federal law allows you to do so, and you could stay with DISH as well, and then move it to your new house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)