So i have to have a set top box for FIOS?

bdee1

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Fios TV just came to my area and I would love to switch from Time Warner Cable, but I have a question. Right now I have Time Warner cable and I have 7 tv's in my house.

Only one of those 7 tv's, only one is a HDTV and has a box on it. the rest are older CRT tvs and we just plug the cable right into the back of it and get the basic channels.

I am wondering if I could do the same thing with Fios or if Fios is more like Satellite where you have to have a set top box for every tv to get any signal at all.

Doe anyone know?

Fios TV just came to my area and I would love to switch from Time Warner Cable, but I have a question. Right now I have Time Warner cable and I have 7 tv's in my house.

Only one of those 7 tv's, only one is a HDTV and has a box on it. the rest are older CRT tvs and we just plug the cable right into the back of it and get the basic channels.

Yes you need a Set Top Box on every TV on Fios.

I am wondering if I could do the same thing with Fios or if Fios is more like Satellite where you have to have a set top box for every tv to get any signal at all.

Doe anyone know?

Yes you need a Set Top Box on every TV on Fios.

To be perfectly correct, if your TV has a QAM tuner, you do not need a set top box to receive the *basic* channels (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX). Since you say they are old CRT's they most likely don't have QAM tuners, and you will need set top boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)