So I put it to sleep...

Sounds like the same stations do that. But your Locals are from OKC, and mine come from Tulsa. Unless the stations here and there use the same equipment, and the other stations use different equipment.

Yes, but like I said, 23 and 2 do it for me too. 34 is another station that it will lock up on, but 23 does it on my 811 too.

Now channel 2 is a weak channel for me, when it locked in before whatever happened to cause the lock-ups, best I ever got was around 65% signal strength. Sorry, maybe confused you there, LOL.

If I try to tune into 23, 2, or 34 OTA on my 811, it locks my 811 up, and causes it to reboot, everytime. Has for like I said about six months now.

Seems to me that the 622 has a few bugs with the implementation of the Triple LNBF support. Also makes me wonder if it has to do with the troubles after L4.01 was released, when alot of folks had the Point Dish screen go to 105 by default, regardless of the channel watched. This has been fixed, however all this might be related to the troubles I have. I am counting on the upcoming renewal of the SS/Point Dish Screen with the lower signal strengths, meaning the WHOLE SS/Switch setup gets an overhaul, and this would take care of my problems. I like the 1000.2 the way it is, and I really don't want a different setup with W-bracket, three Dual LNBF's, new wires and switches, as I put new siding over the top of the existing wiring and have it all covered up nice and neat. It shouldn't be required do that at all IMHO, because either the 622 is supposed to run with the 1000.2 setup or not! It's like rplacing all the Twins with Dual's on the D500, because it won't run correctly otherwise. I truly belive that this new 622 has some sort of HW failure. When I talked to the Tech, I suggested if it is possible, that the new 622 got a corrupted initial software download due to LNB drift, as it was installed with the old D1000 setup, and the 1000.2 was installed afterwards.
But he said that the SW download can't get corrupted, because it wouldn't install the downloaded Data, if the checksums don't match. But what if the HD had a glitch during SW install? I know chances are almost neglegible small. but still possible. Randall has tested his setup, but he also stated, that he has a DPP44 in between. So it's not really comparible. Somebody with the same setup I have should try my issues. So far I haven't heard anybody.

Maybe I should just go ahead and BUY a 622 myself. This way, if there's any trouble, I can return it easier than if it's leased. Or maybe I should really try DirecTV. This last 622 drives me nutz...I almost wish I wouldn't have complained about the old one. The new one is worse..:(

Sorry I can't help. I never had any problems with the dish1000, but since I had 2 dishes out there, I went ahead and peaked one on 110 and 119 and the other separate dish on 129. I have not had any trouble with my 622 on the locals either. I have taken it several times to Seminole, to my uncles for the weekend and tune in both Tulsa, OKC and Ada depending on what direction we rotate the antenna, and have not had any trouble with any of the locals other than KTUL,which you can't get south of I-40 right now while they protect KTEN's analog channel in Ada. I had thought about a 1000.2 for the new lake house, as I left the dishes on the old one, guess I will rethink that idea now.

Ralf, don't worry about faulty SW - there is no problem with your, the receiver check the SW before boot it on each reboot.
I would try to cleanup your settings - erase everything as it was posted here - look for posts with NVRAM cleanup procedure.

Ralf, don't worry about faulty SW - there is no problem with your, the receiver check the SW before boot it on each reboot.
I would try to cleanup your settings - erase everything as it was posted here - look for posts with NVRAM cleanup procedure.

I have done these procedures you mention, it keeps doing it. I reset the machine numerous times.

So I did all the clearing tasks and re-initiated the drive. We'll see how it turns out. I was on the phone again today with the Lab Technician. He tried different 622's with different software versions, meaning starting with the current L4.05 and going several versions backwards to compare. Turns out that the CURRENT software has this issue, and confirmed that this is SW related. The previous versions didn't act up like that. He reproduced the problems I have. So he asked me to post this on Satelliteguys.US to inform you guys, that whoever runs into this problem, it IS related to L4.05! This means, that L4.05 seems to NOT quite like the built in switch in the new Triple LNBF that comes with the new D1000.2. Not a whole lot of subs have the new 1000.2 combined with 622 yet, and that's why there hasn't been alot of complaints yet. He confirmed that this will be addressed for a software release after the next one coming up, as more people will get the 1000.2 installed and complaints will significantly increase.
However I discovered, that leaving the receiver on an OTA channel, before turning it off at night will not cause you to wake up to a black screen next morning. Try not to mess with the point dish screen too much. IF you have to, turn it to a channel off of 119 first, and then go to the point dish screen to look up what you want. Remember the TP it was on and go back to the same setting BEFORE you exit the screen. ALWAYS make sure to press the DONE button. DON't exit by pressing Wach Live TV! I don't know if anybody with thw same seetup as mine will have the SAME exact issues, however I recommend using the sequence previously posted. This does NOT apply to users, that have additional switches installed, as the 622 communicates with these switches directly, instead of the built in switch in the Triple LNBF. These are just connected as feed to the DPP44 or others, that are installed. The Dish Technician especially monitors this thread real close right now, to see if there's more users with similar problems. So if you have a similar setup with a 1000.2 involved, and have weird problems going on, please post it here, as it will be used for further development of better software.

I have noticed lost locks on all 3 of my 622s on two accounts I have. I have a dish 1000.2 hooked up with 110/119/129 and a side sat for 61.5 . After L401 I noticed my lost locks went up from 1 to 2 a day to anywhere 50 to 60 a day on both tuners on my two main 622s at my house and on my mom and dads account I notice only in the 10 - 15 range , but they just have 110/119/129 and no 61.5 .

I think the lnb on my setup is having trouble making it's "mind" up on whether to tune to 61.5 or 129 sat and this causes a lost lock. I don't know what is causing the lost locks on my mom and dad's account. I don't notice any programs being lost due to lost locks unless it is rain related. Now I do notice that when there is a drop out due to the 129 sat being a P. o . Sh*t , that I will sometimes get 1 - 3 seperate recordings broken up due ot drop outs in strength on the signal. I also notice that sometimes my receiver will go to 61.5 for shows and sometimes it goes to 129. Sometimes the front room receiver is on 129 and the back room receiver is on 61.5 on the same channel. Either way it bothers me to see the lost locks so high on a daily basis when it is sunny out side and there is no rain issues.

I have noticed lost locks on all 3 of my 622s on two accounts I have. I have a dish 1000.2 hooked up with 110/119/129 and a side sat for 61.5 . After L401 I noticed my lost locks went up from 1 to 2 a day to anywhere 50 to 60 a day on both tuners on my two main 622s at my house and on my mom and dads account I notice only in the 10 - 15 range , but they just have 110/119/129 and no 61.5 .

I think the lnb on my setup is having trouble making it's "mind" up on whether to tune to 61.5 or 129 sat and this causes a lost lock. I don't know what is causing the lost locks on my mom and dad's account. I don't notice any programs being lost due to lost locks unless it is rain related. Now I do notice that when there is a drop out due to the 129 sat being a P. o . Sh*t , that I will sometimes get 1 - 3 seperate recordings broken up due ot drop outs in strength on the signal. I also notice that sometimes my receiver will go to 61.5 for shows and sometimes it goes to 129. Sometimes the front room receiver is on 129 and the back room receiver is on 61.5 on the same channel. Either way it bothers me to see the lost locks so high on a daily basis when it is sunny out side and there is no rain issues.

I believe that your setup confuses the receivers somewhat. As it is possible to have it running like that, because you have it running, it was not really intended to be like that. Yes it was supposed to have a 4th satellite connected, but I am not sure if it was supposed to be 129 AND 61.5, as there's almost identical programming there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)