So, I'm leaving Dish after 20+ years...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
My agreement ended and went from 67 to 98 dollars. I hit them up on Twitter to see what they could do. Offered me $10 a month if I did a 2 year.

Going to give YouTube TV a shot. It has my channels, my internet is fantastic, and no contract.

If they had just gotten it back to where it was, I would have stayed. Their loss.

</endrant>

Reactions: Claude Greiner
My agreement ended and went from 67 to 98 dollars. I hit them up on Twitter to see what they could do. Offered me $10 a month if I did a 2 year.

Going to give YouTube TV a shot. It has my channels, my internet is fantastic, and no contract.

If they had just gotten it back to where it was, I would have stayed. Their loss.

</endrant>
Take care

Charleshell, I kinda agree with cditty. That’s the way things are going nowadays. Comcast gave me a 2 year deal with gig internet that was hard to pass up. I miss my Hopper. But nowadays you gotta have internet. And it looks like the Pig is gonna win. Dish made no attempt to retain me. High paying customer. And the picture quality was much superior on Dish. I just deal with it. When the Steelers are on, i select my rooftop antenna. And Netflix 4K is really cool. But getting tired of these bills. More than your utilities. Some day I’m gonna get fed up and just use my rooftop antenna and Netflix. But I still need internet. Still remember the days when there was only 3 OTA Channels. And everyone was happy with that. Maybe someday us people will realize that and there are other things to do rather than sitting around watching TV. We played outside back then. Many people out on the street and having fun. I go to my my old neighborhood nowadays and see no one outside or playing in the woods. Just ranting.

Well, looks like I am changing my mind. After I expressed that I was going to finish all the things on my DVR, then message them back to send the kill signal and return box, they shrunk the agreement to 12 months and offered $35 off per month. That puts me about 13 more than YouTube TV and I keep the hopper and my timers, plus they are sending me the voice remote.

While I hate 'negotiating', a fair deal in the end. It's actually $7 cheaper than before.

Yep, getting too expensive. Every few years I drop to a smaller package to lower costs but there isn't really anywhere for me to go except cutting the cord. Almost everything I watch is on streaming anyway.

As an FYI, the ad situation on YouTubeTV isn't what it used to be. They have renegotiated almost all of those deals. None of those channels mean anything to me (except Sirius which I have separate @ $60 a year/5 per month), so it's to each his own, I suppose.

Point is, everyone is nickel and diming all of us to death. They can't keep going up or piracy will pick back up big time.

Youtube TV ain't all that. It's $50 a month and there's no History Channel, A&E, Science, Lifetimes, Hallmarks, Sirius Music and on and on and on. And no fast forwarding through most ads. I don't get the attraction.

Untrue, the only channels you could not fast forward are CBS and POP.

I do not have it anymore but it worked very well, maybe not as good as a Hopper but that is why there is a price difference.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Cutting the cord isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Did this a couple of years ago and went wi5h PS Vue, which is now going away. Tried SlingTV first and wasn’t impressed with it either. Wasn’t impressed with the DVR on either. If at the end of this tower contract I can’t renegotiate a favorable renewal I will probably cut the cord again but this time probably permanent because I will pop for a Tivo setup rather than the Tablo setup I had the first time. To us it’s all about the DVR because except for an occasional football game we rarely watch live tv. After several years I’m still getting come back offers from DTV offering the gift card but between ATT and a 54 DVR, that’s never gonna happen.

Reactions: mwdxer1
Untrue, the only channels you could not fast forward are CBS and POP.

I do not have it anymore but it worked very well, maybe not as good as a Hopper but that is why there is a price difference.

I had a customer last week who said he couldn't fast forward through commercials on several channels and he said that was the case on more and more channels as time went on. He was going back to Dish.

I had a customer last week who said he couldn't fast forward through commercials on several channels and he said that was the case on more and more channels as time went on. He was going back to Dish.

Hulu Live you cannot unless you pay the extra $10, You Tube TV works flawless.

Reactions: osu1991
If he was on YTTV, most likely he was selecting the VOD version of the show he was trying to watch instead of the DVR version. VOD you can not ffw, DVR you can on every channel except the couple mentioned before.

I'm currently experimenting in the Streaming Ocean. Purchased 3 2019 Roku Ultras. Really like the Roku NETFLIX app for HDR 4K lots of Programs & Movies way better than the Dish Netflix App. We are also testing YTTV, Prime Video, ATV. Tomorrow I'll see what Disney+ has to offer as well. YTTV has a good DVR + Locals. So far on my limited dip, I'd say Most-All Non-Streaming providers are on the road to nowhere.

I do like having everything (Dish Guide) in one place for easy access but Dish no longer has everything I originally signed up for. The Bonus for giving up some convenience features is Rewarding!

I haven't had any issues FF through ads on YTTV, except on CBS, which is of course the main reason we have YTTV at the moment as our local CBS station isn't going to have their transmitter fixed until the end of January according to the most recent update from their engineer.

My goal is to only have OTA + Sling, but I need that local in the short term, so YTTV it is until the repack fiasco is over.

FWIW: I miss the Hopper DVR functionality, but there was just not enough we watch on linear TV to justify the cost and the hassle of switching back and forth between Dish equipment and streaming devices.

</endrant>
I looked around, for what I get with Dish, I cannot get anywhere else for anything close. I could cut programming to a smaller package but I might as well cancel then, as I would lose a big chunk of what I watch. It is a shame I am stuck to pay for sports channels I never watch. If it wasn't for those, the bills would be less. My deal is up in December and being a fixed income, I am hoping Dish will help as they have done in the past. I also have been with Dish for over 20 years.

Cutting the cord isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Did this a couple of years ago and went wi5h PS Vue, which is now going away. Tried SlingTV first and wasn’t impressed with it either. Wasn’t impressed with the DVR on either. If at the end of this tower contract I can’t renegotiate a favorable renewal I will probably cut the cord again but this time probably permanent because I will pop for a Tivo setup rather than the Tablo setup I had the first time. To us it’s all about the DVR because except for an occasional football game we rarely watch live tv. After several years I’m still getting come back offers from DTV offering the gift card but between ATT and a 54 DVR, that’s never gonna happen.

I have both the Roku and Fire Stick there is a lot of free stuff, but nothing like Dish. Plus with Dish I get the free Dish Anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts