So, I'm new to Hi-Def world and have a R22 DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
I noticed that it has the Hi Def outputs and HDMI output. Is it considered a Hi-Def rcvr? Also, I'm assuming I need to add a "Hi-Def package" to receive all of the hi-def channels, correct?

I would call DirecTV, but I'd rather get beat in the head with a bat as compared to talking with their customer service folks. TIA.

The R22 is a standard definition receiver. It has HiDef style outputs so it will compatible with newer TVs. You need the HR2x receivers for an HD DVR.

I believe the r22 is a SD receiver, and that it cannot display HD resolutions 720p or 1080i

It is supposed to be the exact same hardware and everything as the HD DVR HR2x, but I think it is just software crippled to not be able to play HD.

I'm not sure customer service could change the software to view HD on it, you will probably have to order a HD receiver from Directv, or goto the store and purchase a leased unit.

D* wont activate any HD programming on a R22 aside from local markets where the only transmitted channels are in Mpeg4

If I am not mistaken, they are live. They just wont display HD in the current configuration. It will downconvert for you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts