So is 720p actually better than 1080i?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I say it doesn't matter because they both suck nowadays. All this watered down, bit starved, so called HD is a joke.
I disagree.
I think new encoders and uplink technology has brought in better pq over the last five years or so.
I remember not too long ago ESPN hd had wavey grass and bad noise. Not today.

I disagree.
I think new encoders and uplink technology has brought in better pq over the last five years or so.
I remember not too long ago ESPN hd had wavey grass and bad noise. Not today.

I don't recall the last time I watched a satellite or OTA program and went, wow that is how HD should look. New technology has been used to maintain, at best, the PQ they had already watered down. Nothing comes close to what it was 10 years ago. But I also get the make money off the masses and the masses couldn't care less about the PQ.

Keep in mind that certain TV channels only broadcast in 720. 1080i required more bandwidth. It is up to CBS on how they want to record CSI. Most cases the source is only 720
I don't know of any shows in the HD era where the source is 720. Even on season 1 of 24 (shown in 480 widescreen) the master used D5 1080p/24. Depending on when, most shows were shot on film, many still are. Current CSI's and NCIS's are shot digitally in 1080p/24.

I don't recall the last time I watched a satellite or OTA program and went, wow that is how HD should look. New technology has been used to maintain, at best, the PQ they had already watered down. Nothing comes close to what it was 10 years ago. But I also get the make money off the masses and the masses couldn't care less about the PQ.
And your eyesight probably was much better too :). I keep struggling with that, is the HD getting worse or is it my eyesight? Lol

You lucky devil.....I see glasses for me at least for awhile. I don't need them for now for watching TV but some days I see so much more motion blurs I'm wondering if it's Direct or just my eyesight.

You keeping reading this thread and you'll see things on your tv that are not even there:)

Reactions: ejb1980 and dalyew
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts