So is iPhone 4S capable of 4G or not?

Even if that's the case, then it's a failure on their part. By saying whatever, they left the consumer with zero protection from "false advertising" that this otherwise would have been.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah, I would say it's a failure to say the least. It's the ITU, so it's an international standards committee. They probably don't have the resources to babysit one country's cell carriers.

no the iPhone 4 or 4S is absolutely not 4G. This cracks me up. I have an iPhone 4S and an HTC Evo 3D 4G.

The iPhone is on att. The evo is on Sprint.

Data speeds are way faster on the sprint 4G phone period.

truckracer said:
no the iPhone 4 or 4S is absolutely not 4G. This cracks me up. I have an iPhone 4S and an HTC Evo 3D 4G.

To be clear, both are in "4g" areas. Correct?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

To be clear, both are in "4g" areas. Correct?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

It really depends on the area. My so called 4G with AT&T is very competitive with Sprint 4G in my area. I will be very interested to see what the LTE speeds will be like when AT&T brings it to town later this year.

Your HTC EVO 3D isn't real 4G either. ;)

This is what I got in an AT&T LTE area On my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket. And current LTE doesn't even fit all the 4G requirements, but it's the closest thing we have. It should put things in perspective when comparing to what AT&T and T-Mobile call "4G" (HSPA+)

22303008221200277741.png

This is what I got in an AT&T LTE area...
42/10 Mb/s qualifies as "4G" or "LTE" in my book. My wife got a 4G phone a couple of months after VZW rolled out their 4G in our area and the fastest I ever saw was ~36Mb/s download and ~12Mb/s upload.

I also don't see any consistency in Ookla's speed test app though, so I don't know how much to trust it. Who knows what kind of routing it takes to get to the test server plus the sites are unknown names so how much bandwidth do they have too ? Then again, there's not a lot of options...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts