So is it all up to the FCC now ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
So as far as Dish making the East & West DNS available, everything seems to hinge on the FCC decision regarding Rainbow One. How can we find out more about that? Is there some sort of deadline ?

Is the fact that Dish has the HD nets in testing a reasonable indication that they think something is going to happen soon?

I wonder if this is also an indication that the FCC is about to come out with something definitive regarding "digital white areas". I'm pretty sure there WAS a deadline on that.

Did anyone read the "petition to deny" the sale? 330 people wrote in protesting because they want their VOOM turned back on. Suckers. The sale has nothing to do with VOOM dying. In fact, VOOM lives on, under Dish.. Jeeez. Actually, if you read the whole thing, at the bottom are copies of what people wrote, and some of them are pulled from this site!!!

Also I found it funny that one "association of consumers to preserve and promote competition" filed against the sale as well. Sounds like a shell company setup by Rupert :)

Edit:
Reading up further, the petition was removed once voom ceased broadcasting anyways. Then echostar filed a request for "expedited review" since there was NO opposition to the sale anymore. What the F is wrong with the FCC? I guess they threw that request right into the ole circular file eh?

Thats funny. My group, "The alliance of consumers to preserve and promote competition" actually supports the sale. Go figure.

Most of those petitions were made before the VOOM DSB shutdown which there were so hope that VoOM DBS had a possibility to live on. However, we all know that outcome now. My point is old news under the rug. Now if there's something new added way after the VOOM DBS shutdown, please let us know.

Yea, sorry I didnt see the request to remove the petition. Makes sense now. Still, gotta wonder what the heck is going on with this... If you look at some of the past cases, most are finished under a 180 days. There are a few exceptions that took longer.

I tried calling the phone number listed on the fcc page but just got someone voice mail.

HokieEngineer said:
Yea, sorry I didnt see the request to remove the petition. Makes sense now. Still, gotta wonder what the heck is going on with this... If you look at some of the past cases, most are finished under a 180 days. There are a few exceptions that took longer.

I tried calling the phone number listed on the fcc page but just got someone voice mail.

There doesn't appear to have been any "stop clock" action either, which makes this much over 180 days even more unusual.

There must be something going on for Dish to put the HD dns in testing on both 129 and 61.5.

When is the FCC required to take more action regarding the "digital white area" ? I thought they were required to do something before this December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)