So is upgrading into a hopper 3 worth it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigjohnok

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
BFE Flyover State
I am going to be moving in with my fiance soon and I have the hopper with sling and off contract with it.

I was going to move my system over and I was thinking about upgrading to the hopper 3 because we are going to have tv in at least 5 rooms. Whats the pros and cons from going with a hopper sling to a hopper 3.

I know dish is going to try and stick me with a contract if I upgrade.

Have you read through some of the threads all about the Hopper 3? The most basic question is how would you watch TV in five rooms using the Hopper with Sling? Many rooms watching live at one time? If so the Hopper 3 with Joeys can do that. Otherwise you would need more than just one Hopper with Sling and the Joeys. Going through all the pluses and minuses of the Hopper 3 and all the scenarios of how you could set up for five rooms would be a re hash of other threads.

I am going to be moving in with my fiance soon and I have the hopper with sling and off contract with it.

I was going to move my system over and I was thinking about upgrading to the hopper 3 because we are going to have tv in at least 5 rooms. Whats the pros and cons from going with a hopper sling to a hopper 3.

I know dish is going to try and stick me with a contract if I upgrade.
16 tuners, faster performance, same price, no cons.

Reactions: bigjohnok
You don’t want multiple HWSes right now, considering the current state of the software. Get a single H3, a few Joey 3s ( or wireless or 4K), and maybe a fire stick (using Dish Anywhere).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts