So lets talk about all the crappy and great programing of Voom..

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
So far I think the 10 cinema's are complete JUNK!!! ( Atleast for a 25 year old )

I do enjoy the moster program though, think its got some cool classic's in there..

So what's your take?

well there have been a couple of decent movies:

* the Vanishing
* Hannah and her Sisters
* Crusoe

They may not be your cup of tea, but they're good movies.

But yeah they should be reduced to cinema5 and free up bandwidth.

IS ANYONE AT VOOM LISTENING???

actually I have seen movies from 80's, 90's and 2000's. whats the 25 yr crap about. its just not fair to make a statement like that

I think the cinema channels will slowly get better over time. I don't watch the following channels:

MOOV
ULTRA

If the majority of the content was geared to a 25 year old audience...

VOOM would meet it's DOOM. I would speculate that a large percentage of the current HDTV owners seeking service are in the 35+ age bracket. Most twenty-five year olds I know are still recovering from student loans (or the expense of a new family). Either way, they are not throwing thousands of dollars at new home theater setups. I'm sure there are some out there, I just don't feel they are a large slice of the market.

And BTW, I'm twice your 25, and I find a lot of movies I like on VOOM. :D

TechCop said:
VOOM would meet it's DOOM. I would speculate that a large percentage of the current HDTV owners seeking service are in the 35+ age bracket. Most twenty-five year olds I know are still recovering from student loans (or the expense of a new family). Either way, they are not throwing thousands of dollars at new home theater setups. I'm sure there are some out there, I just don't feel they are a large slice of the market.

And BTW, I'm twice your 25, and I find a lot of movies I like on VOOM. :D

Either that, or they are under 21, spending their student loans on HT stuff. :rolleyes:

fastfed said:
So far I think the 10 cinema's are complete JUNK!!! ( Atleast for a 25 year old )

As a film buff, the lineup on the 10 Cinema channels has been an unexpected windfall. I love older movies, especially foreign films, and it has nothing to do with my age. I actually watched even more classic and foreign films when I was in my 20's in college. Some of these movies aren't even available on DVD, so that makes it even more valuable. The JUNK is what's being spoon fed to us nowadays through mainstream Hollywood. I'll take Coup de Torchon over Lord of the Rings any day.

This is my take:

Cinema 10 & Monsters - every week find 1-2 interesting movies, recently watched "Missisipi Burning"

Rave HD - one of my favorites, watch it everyday, repetition is OK for me.

Rush HD - another favorite, looking forward for new content

Equator HD - sounds like is gonna be another of my favorites, can't hardly wait until 6/15

WorldSport - ocasionally watch a soccer game

HDNews - watch headlines at least once every day

Moov, Ultra, Gallery, Auction - seldom or never watch

Rush HD - is my favorite and the only one I watch consistently. I would like some new content.
Rave HD - I haven't found music on there I actually liked. It'd be cool if they threw some classic stuff in there like Led Zeppelin and other concerts.
Monsters - Was hoping this would be better. Where's Evil Dead, Pumpkin Head, and other classics?
Cinema 10 - The only movie I've watched was Clockwork Orange. It be nice if they got more content and organized the channels by genre. Comedies, kids, classics, 70's, 80's, 90's, chick flix, action, etc. Do they really need 10? I think they have 10 to pad their HD channel numbers.
News HD - I don't watch news anymore. Every channel says the same thing over and over and over again. I just pull it up on the Internet and read once.
Worldsport - Come on now. Who cares?
MOOV, Ultra, Gallery, Auction - Nice pictures, but who actually watches this stuff?

I'm 32 and got Voom because it was the best package to get basic channels, DiscHD,ESPNHD,TNTHD, plus upgrade my antenna for free so I can finally get FOX and NBC working. The additional channels from Voom are just a bonus, a very small bonus.

Hey, I just watched a game from the Japanese World Series on WorldSport. Interesting. As for channels I regularly watch:

Gallery - My wife who is an artist watches this every chance she gets. So do I.
Rush - always something fast moving or interesting.
Ultra - don't be fooled. When runway models are not on they do cooking shows and travel shows as well as home design.
Rave - Music videos are fun
Monster - Always entertaining even when laughable bad movies are showing.
Auction - Probably the least watched in my house if ever.
Moov - When lava lamps are not on they have some pretty good nature shots like snow, running water, etc. Good for background while enjoying a meal.
Cinema 10 Have seen some pretty good movies. It would be difficult to satisfy everyone since movies are a matter of preference. I enjoyed NIGHT MOVES, LIFE AND TIMES OF ROY BEAN, THE GREAT RACE, INNOCENT BLOOD,THELMA & LOUISE.

From time to time I check the premium movie channels but find Cinema 10 more interesting. And now there are 20 movies per day so the selection is better. I'll never watch that many only 3 or 4 per week.

Well for me... The only thing I really really REALLY enjoy is playboy HD :)

But remember I am 25 with a little hottie for a G/F who lives with me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts