So mad Im about to dump dish.

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
999 hdtv poop in a box.

Got the 999 hdtv in a box "deal" last sat. and have had nothing but glitches eversince. Have had image problems with the tube and now the darn thing just cycles on and off when i press the power button. Called dish and they told me it was now between me and an rca service center. They sold the pos to me not a week ago and now its my problem. I'm about to tell them to come pick all of it up and I'll switch to directv. I've been with dish for 4 years but this is the straw that broke my back. You don't treat loyal customers this way.

cobalt said:
Got the 999 hdtv in a box "deal" last sat. and have had nothing but glitches eversince. Have had image problems with the tube and now the darn thing just cycles on and off when i press the power button. Called dish and they told me it was now between me and an rca service center. They sold the pos to me not a week ago and now its my problem. I'm about to tell them to come pick all of it up and I'll switch to directv. I've been with dish for 4 years but this is the straw that broke my back. You don't treat loyal customers this way.

Return it and get your money back. This is why when you buy HDTVs you need to get a $$$ back guarantee within a month at least.

was told by a dish rep that I could instate buyers remorse within 30 days but I would be out 9.99 x12 months for the hd contract package and It would be up to me to ship the Tv back to dish. Lets see 178lbs would net a large ups bill wouldn't you think. This is turning from bad to ugly fast. Oh well, crap on me.

cobalt said:
was told by a dish rep that I could instate buyers remorse within 30 days but I would be out 9.99 x12 months for the hd contract package and It would be up to me to ship the Tv back to dish. Lets see 178lbs would net a large ups bill wouldn't you think. This is turning from bad to ugly fast. Oh well, crap on me.

As mentioned before, you should dispute any and all charges surrounding this issue and email ceo.

Bill

Check your credit card company you might have some protection and other benefits.
For example some credit cards will double the warantee. You might have some free benefits here.

WLong said:
As mentioned before, you should dispute any and all charges surrounding this issue and email ceo.

Bill

Bill: Here is thread I have going in Forum but noticed you had a TV very similiar to mine. Any help?

I just installed a Hitachi 65S700 in anticipation of getting a 921 (when they start shipping those again) and have a problem with the signal from my current 501 to the TV. I have checked it both through the co-ax out and S video out and the picture is not very sharp. I run these same signals though my analog TVs and the picture looks great. Is there something unusal about this TV or HD TVs in general that they don't know how to handle must the normal signal out of a dish receiver. I do have something that is called VIRTUAL HD that switches between 540p and 1080i and it doesn't seem like I can turn that feature off. Anybody with a Hitachi had the same problem?

cobalt said:
was told by a dish rep that I could instate buyers remorse within 30 days but I would be out 9.99 x12 months for the hd contract package
Ask the Dish rep for a signed copy of the contract for the $9.99 HD package.

Again threaten to dispute the charges with your credit card company and email ceo@echostar.com

Let us know how you make out!

I am having problems returning my TV .

DIsh came out and picked mine up but I still haven't seen that $849 + tax credit on my cc card.

My Bill also looks like a twister hit it .

Rolltide I thought you liked your RCA TV and weren't having problems with it.

I thought I recalled a thread where somebody bashed RCA and you got upset, do you agree now about RCA?

I got mad at there trolling cause they just said RCA sucked without telling us why they sucked. The only reason I didn't keep the tv was cause of there lame one year warranty that can't be extended. I went out and got a 55 Mitsu and I'm very happy now.

ROLLTIDE said:
I am having problems returning my TV .

DIsh came out and picked mine up but I still haven't seen that $849 + tax credit on my cc card.

My Bill also looks like a twister hit it .

I'll update later on how things are going. Rolltide how did you get them to come and pick it up. And did you keep the 811 and return the tv?
Thanks

I have fired off 3 emails to dish, they left a phone message and never called me back. The RCA service center has now had my tv for a week and a half. They informed me that the power supply and a circuit board had gone bad and the parts distributer didn't have those parts in stock. It could be up to 2 weeks before the parts come in. This really sucks. Instead of Hdtv in abox it should be called 999 poop in a box. Getting really tired of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)