So Tired of Dish Networks games ......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
hemi, i quit dish 2 weeks ago and had no problems quitting with commitment. unlike you though i did an online chat with the loyalty department and had 0 problems. they even let me off with less than what i should have paid, so far. all i had to pay was the remainder of my bill for the month, $42 for the quitting early ( i had 5 months left on contract) and the $15 to send the 722 back to them. i have not had to pay anything else and was told by a CSR that is all i had to pay. i did save that chat just in case though :)

Good idea saving the chat. I had this happen with a D* CSR, but on the phone, and was told that I didin't have to pay any cancelation fee. Well a few months later, I started getting letters from their collection agency. It was only 5 months, which was $50, and I fought it for a while, but it just wasn't worth it, so I just paid.

I think that Scott needs to make a new forum here, one for people to bitch and moan about how bad Dish Network is.

Exactly. Too many whiners and moaners on this forum. They move along to supposedly greener pastures only to come limping back a year later. It gets really annoying that all most people do here is complain. OK, now everyone can trash me and rant and rave. Just know one thing, I really don't care.

Well when you compare 2 completely different packages your bound to save money.

You comparing top 120 to choice extra?

I made several changes including,program package,number of receivers,DVR type,off air antenna,whole house distribution and IR repeater system to five TVs.

The one 211K unit on the eastern arc with HD DVR option serves up all my programming needs and puts the cost well within my comfort zone. Even now I could drop the HD platinum package to save $10 more per month.

I know it really depends on the programs you want to watch but if the HD basics fill your needs and you can plan the system properly getting around all the fees and extra cost is easy with Dishnetwork.

Bob Haller said:
lastly I hope someone audits Es sub numbers! it appears that cancelled subs arent really canceled they are just downgraded to very low package, of a few cheap actual content channels and all the shopping and barkers.

If E is doing that to make churn appear low I hope someone sues them..... such massaging of numbers would effect stock price.

That doesn't happen.

I called and complained yesterday and got 3 months of HBO/Showtime out of them, due to the recent rate increases.

I hate to say it $17 per HD/DVR has added about $50 to my monthly bill, so I don't bad about calling them up and playing the I want to cancel game.

But when I called their loyalty department the other day, before I got them to give me the $20 credit for 3 months for HBO/Showtime, there solution was to lower my package.

I got really pist off and pointed out the fact that they where the ones who forced me into the everything pack to begin with to save on the monthly DVR Fees several years ago. My Family is now used to the everything pack and we are not changing

Claude why don't you down grade from the dual tuner dvrs at $17.00 each down to a 211k with external hard drives? I did this a year or two ago when this DISH first announced this ridiculous dvr fee per receiver on the dvr receivers . I used to have two 722s and a 622. Today I have a 922 and two 211ks with external hard drives. Since then they have added the ridiculous high additional receiver fee to each dvr and took away the discount on AEP .

I hope that DISH shows some real churn in it's last quarter results ,so they can see that these outrageous additional receiver fees are killing them competitively. Directv still charges only $5.00 per additional receiver regardless of what kind.

Yep E loyalty told me to deactivate extra receivers too.

I guess thats what they are trained to tell callers but it really set me off...

E NEEDS BIG CHURN or D will go do the same thing:(

My dual stream cablecard with comcast is a real bargain.

and for extra tvs comcast if you have a digital box provides a adapter first one is free, after first they are 3 bucks each. its a scrolling guide and limited number of channels aroud 40 but good or kids rooms and tvs not used a lot..

I am going to put one on my shop tv.....

existing subs should of been grandfathered into the old rates...

E needs a real violent churn. whoever came up with the fee increase needs a new employeer..........

It will be very active........

Which is very sad:(

I figure that within a short time downloading shows on the net will be mainstream and I will no longer need a tv provider at all:)

Just ONE very fast internet connection. buying shows from whatever channel I want ala carte.

This will force TV providers to de bundle:)

Remember who supplies your internet connection. If you think they are going to allow you to let them be a straight data provider, think again. There won't be any fundamental change like this in the US with the way things are currently structured.

To the OP.....there is no excuse for poor customer service, but to be honest, all the fees are disclosed and there was nothing in your post that wasn't something you should have already known or could have looked up before you made the call.

I hope you weighed all the costs of cancelling one service and the costs/time to invest in hooking up another both short and long term. My feeling is that it may be in the short term but over the long haul it's probably all the same.

As an aside, the more I read the posts on this board, the more I think that people get WAAAYYYY too stressed over something as benign as TV. And I think some people have WAAAYYYY too many TVs in their homes, too......but that's just me.

Bob Haller said:
Yep E loyalty told me to deactivate extra receivers too.

I guess thats what they are trained to tell callers but it really set me off...

E NEEDS BIG CHURN or D will go do the same thing:(

My dual stream cablecard with comcast is a real bargain.

and for extra tvs comcast if you have a digital box provides a adapter first one is free, after first they are 3 bucks each. its a scrolling guide and limited number of channels aroud 40 but good or kids rooms and tvs not used a lot..

I am going to put one on my shop tv.....

existing subs should of been grandfathered into the old rates...

E needs a real violent churn. whoever came up with the fee increase needs a new employeer..........

Bob, this is one thing that I agree with you on. The fees are ridiculous, suggesting that someone lower programming packages or remove receivers from your account is stupid. You would think that they would want you to do the opposite, upgrade programming and equipment. I think that Dish now must be to the point that they can't get along with anyone. I just noticed yesterday that apparently they have lost CenturyLink as a bundle partner. Now CTL is bundling with DirecTV. I have not been able to find a press release from either company as of yet though.

To the OP.....there is no excuse for poor customer service, but to be honest, all the fees are disclosed and there was nothing in your post that wasn't something you should have already known or could have looked up before you made the call.

I hope you weighed all the costs of cancelling one service and the costs/time to invest in hooking up another both short and long term. My feeling is that it may be in the short term but over the long haul it's probably all the same.

As an aside, the more I read the posts on this board, the more I think that people get WAAAYYYY too stressed over something as benign as TV. And I think some people have WAAAYYYY too many TVs in their homes, too......but that's just me.

Uh, almost all of these fees are new ones that didn't exist a couple years ago. Whether they are disclosed is beside the fact, if they are new fees imposed on an already existing subscriber. Hemi wasn't complaining about the amounts or that the fees were sprung on him, but the existence of the fees in the first place and the fact that they were hindering his ability to terminate service. He's been complaining about the fees for a while as have many others. People should be able to have as many TVs as they deem necessary no matter what anyone else thinks. These fees were never an issue until February of this year when E* decided to be the new cable pig and start charging excessive fees. Even Comcast's DVR fees are less these days.

2 things

Look who's doing the whining now.... :up If you dont like it, then dont read it!

Your a happy D* customer now, so why can't you let it go. You still hold a grudge against E* or you would change your avatar. I know you can't see this since you have me on ignore but someone may quote it. If they do then you can answer them. :eek:

Seems like just about every company is sneaking in little fee's to add some profit.
Airlines charging for carry ons.
My electric company just started charging a fuel delivery surcharge.
Verizon seems to have a new charge every 3 months.
Citi bank just let me know of an inactivity charge to be imposed on one of my cards if I don't use it at least once every 3 months.
ATT keeps hitting me with new charges for the cell phone. ( Now this is the mother of all bad CSR companies)

Its kind of getting ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)