So Tired of Dish Networks games ......

teachsac said:
If you have cable running already to each receiver. $25 for the adapter on initial setups is much cheaper than wireless routers, powerline adapters, less time consuming than fishing wire and still less expensive than buying long cable runs to the router. Plus it's simple.

S~

True? But many like myself already have these things.

Again, just clarifying that it is not needed

lparsons21 said:
I've read a lot in the D* forums about MRV. The only supported method is via the coax and does require the adapter to go to your router regardless of who your ISP is, if you want internet connection. Of course, MRV itself will work fine without internet.

Not true. You can use your own existing router and your own Ethernet cables

Uh, almost all of these fees are new ones that didn't exist a couple years ago. Whether they are disclosed is beside the fact, if they are new fees imposed on an already existing subscriber. Hemi wasn't complaining about the amounts or that the fees were sprung on him, but the existence of the fees in the first place and the fact that they were hindering his ability to terminate service. He's been complaining about the fees for a while as have many others. People should be able to have as many TVs as they deem necessary no matter what anyone else thinks. These fees were never an issue until February of this year when E* decided to be the new cable pig and start charging excessive fees. Even Comcast's DVR fees are less these days.
Agree, I would have kept my service, If I was assured the fee's were set at $17 , while I think thats way high, I would have accepted it, But, Now they raised base packs $2 granted HD free,
But with their channels moves , I would still need platinum, so that still and increase of $2, now Multi Sprorts pack, $7 another $1 increase, Super Stations $7 another increase of $1, Protection plan charges $6 plus a service call of $15 , This is never ending. Most of you think I'm just bashing E*. Well they brought it on. All this including the $17 DVR Duo Fee's happend only since Febuary. Then E* starts Dropping HD channels, So what the Heck, Now I'm paying all this extra and losing stuff in the process.

Before Febuary, I was happier as a pig in SH$%:)

If they would have just let me cancel without the messing around, I might not have been so pissed off when I started this thread.

I'm fairly Happy with my D* service, But I still think E* was cheaper, and D* seems to have Billing issues where credits don't apply when they are supposed to thats a pain. Equipment upgrades are way overpriced. And Don't get me started on the HR's

But will I come back to E*, Sure but right now I just need a break.

My D* Break Down

$63.99 Choice Extra
$10 HD access
$7 DVR
$5 HD Extra
$42 Cinemax,Sports,Showtime,Starz/Encore
$15 4 Rooms of service
$6 Protection Plan
-$10 Loyalty Credit 4 of 12
-$10 Sports pack Credit 1 of 6
Total $128.99

With Dish Network
$64.99 Top 250
$10 HD Platinum
$6 DVR fee
$33 Starz, Showtime,Cinemax
$7 Multi Sports pack
$20 4 rooms, 2 /612, 1/722
$6 Protection plan
Total $146.99

Even without my Credits, E* is only $2 Cheaper .

I don't have a bone to pick with E*, cause I have only a 722, but, I wouldn't mind a good dose of churn for E*, so that maybe, just maybe, the idiot that thought up the new eq fees might lose his job, along with an eq fee lowering.

I think that there are a few channels that are ITC any way. I know that with a FTA receiver you can get some if the channels that Bob is talking about.

The only channel FTA is DIsh 101. the rest cheap charlie scrambled (like NASA and Angel One)

I know, but every time I say the same thing, some mamby bamby hearts crucify me...TNG, and especially Icey!!!

kinda like when you crucify folks who leave Dish? :rolleyes:

mamby bamby huh? interesting.....

the 2nd verse is still the same as the first...if you dont like it, DONT READ IT

kinda like when you crucify folks who leave Dish? :rolleyes:

mamby bamby huh? interesting.....

the 2nd verse is still the same as the first...if you dont like it, DONT READ IT

Kind of hard to do when it's in every thread.

For God's sake, you're staff. You're supposed to set an example, not be a worse troll than the people you moderate. I'm sure if I went around acting like you do, I wouldn't be here very long. But with the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge double standard this place employs, I don't know why I'm surprised.

Ringthane said:
Kind of hard to do when it's in every thread.

For God's sake, you're staff. You're supposed to set an example, not be a worse troll than the people you moderate. I'm sure if I went around acting like you do, I wouldn't be here very long. But with the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge double standard this place employs, I don't know why I'm surprised.

I think the issue is that many folks are too sensitive. There have been no trolls in this thread at all.

Of course E*is and so is D* or cable,satellite carriage is not cheap plus it helps keep prices lower than it would be without shopping channel carriage.:)

you missed my point:( When I CANCELLED I still got over 30 barkers, shopping and some old tv and movie channels and DVR still functioned.

It appears E may be charging for shopping channels for disconnected accounts..

when I deactivated indivudal receivers i didnt get any channels except theb welcome one

I've been a E* sub since 1998. I'm currently contemplating between staying and going HTPC w/offair, Netflix, MyMovies (600 movies on Windows Home Server) & Hulu Plus (when released to the general public). I'm not a fan of D* and the wife would NEVER put up with the HR series DVR's and strange channel order as experienced at family's house. Keeping the $94.00 a month in my pocket is awfully tempting also, especially with, between me and the spouse, reduced pay AND hours at our jobs.

Bob Haller said:
you missed my point:( When I CANCELLED I still got over 30 barkers, shopping and some old tv and movie channels and DVR still functioned.

It appears E may be charging for shopping channels for disconnected accounts..

when I deactivated indivudal receivers i didnt get any channels except theb welcome one

What "old tv and movie channels" are you referencing specifically?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts