Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just put a poll on the main from page of SatelliteGuys.US asking your opinion of Sirius on Dish Network, please take a moment to vote.

Also please take a moment to write your feelings about Sirius on Dish here. I am sure both Dish Network and Sirius are interested in hearing what you think. :)

Sound quality is far better than the CD music channels. Never listened to Sirius before, so as far as content goes, I'll need some time to judge content.

Much better variety than Musac. More music that I like. Great sound. Mine comes in as ProLogic. I guess that it is not digital.

I really like the 80's one and the various rock ones. I didn't think you could split rock into that many categories :)

Sound quality is excellent. I like the '70s and '80s and have checked out a few others, like Caribbean and even classic disco (6068).

Its OK to admit you like disco. Really. :D

jerryez said:
Much better variety than Musac. More music that I like. Great sound. Mine comes in as ProLogic. I guess that it is not digital.
Of course it's digital. It's converted to analog by your processor if you have a optical cable feeding a digital input or in the DISH receiver if you are using analog outputs. It's not "coming in as ProLogic." That's just the surround mode your processor is in.

When you are listening to the Sirious or any of the other music channels you should choose one of the music surround sound modes such as Dolby PLII Music, DTS Neo6, or whatever natural ambience mode your processor has. It might be called "Matrix" or "Natural." Then go back to ProLogic or PLII when your watching TV.

Great move by Dish to get these Sirius channels. I've actually read some posts by Directtv customers, who might switch to Dish inorder to get the Sirius channels.

I like the Sirius channels, but couldn't they have done something a little bit better with the (lack of) graphics? Even the minimalist graphics on the DirectTV music channels are better than a black screen with lame moving text.

Keith.

The way I understand it all that Sirius sends out are the channel ID and song titles. Anything else would have to be created specifically for Dish. Music Choice on DirecTV and numerous cable systems is a different thing altogether. It was designed to be seen as well as heard.

keith said:
I like the Sirius channels, but couldn't they have done something a little bit better with the (lack of) graphics? Even the minimalist graphics on the DirectTV music channels are better than a black screen with lame moving text.

Keith.

Music should be heard not seen. Just turn off the TV :D

NightRyder

dlsnyder said:
From time to time even heterosexual males must accede to the whims of their spouse/significant other and listen to dance music.

Maybe, but we still don't like it ;)

NightRyder