So what do you think?

Is this 'help team' have a forum on this site? Is there a link? Which part is it active in? Thanks for your internet support team effort.

Outstanding. It feels like someone is actually listening to us and responding!

One thing I'd love to see them address (and maybe they have and I've missed it) is the audit team calls. It hasn't happened to me in quite a while, but reading the threads about how they operate brought back some bad memories. Rushing you from receiver to receiver and threatening you is wwaaaaayyyy over the line. I didn't quite understand why they were doing that at the time, but I realize now that they are basically accusing you of fraud! Anyway, I'd love to see the feedback on this site get back to whoever it is that leads that team and is responsible for their actions. An attitude change in that department is needed, as well as new standard operating procedures.

Some things are not under their control the audit team is one of them.

I haven't talked to them about them, but if they are like me I am sure many of them cringe when they see an audit team posting. :)

I understand why they do the audits, I do not however agree with how they do them.

I understand that it is out of their control, but if they are peer groups they could at least report it up the chain and try to communicate to someone over that group how much bad PR is a result of this team's attitude. They can undo much of the good that the Internet Response Team is doing. I too understand the necessity, but that is usually not the issue. *I* certainly don't take issue with them doing it. They just need to understand how they come across. Someone needs to monitor them. I'm a young guy and in good shape...AND I don't have an overly large house. But when they are hurrying me along (and at the time I don't even understand *why*) something is wrong. I remember trying to be friendly on the phone while trying to navigate the menus and waiting for TVs to come on, but they just acted suspicious and gruff. It makes sense now, but I didn't understand it at the time. Once I realized that they were basically accusing me of illegal activity it made me feel....well...a bit pissed off.

Obviously I've stuck with Dish anyway. In the grand scheme of things, the good outweighs the bad. Now that I've upgraded and my receivers are all internet-connected I hope I never have the displeasure of dealing with these jerks again. We'll see.

Anyway, I'd just like to know that our feedback is being passed along to the appropriate VP. Whoever decided to set up the Internet Response Team was a PR genius. Maybe they need to go have a talk with their counterpart in the auditing department.

Although I have not needed to ask a question directly to the Response team, I have read the posts written by them & really didn't realize it was actually Dish Employees until just recent. I think it has added even more awesome to the site, and to read Scott's post in this thread that Dish contacted him about setting this up tells me that Charlie is determined to keep good customer relations and provide service above and beyond. He could have stopped at the "chat" and said that's enough for a "one on one" help line, but to volunteer to have a team provide help & insight right here on the forum is great! Kudos!

It would be helpful to get the definitive word on one aspect of audits: Do they actually ever permanently disable receivers? Or are they just deactivated with hope for future reactivation? I've read it both ways here.

I would think it would be counter-productive for Dish to permanently disable on of its own leased receivers - disabling them is more likely what is done so they can either be re-enabled for the current customer or a new one.

I agree, but time after time, someone here posts that they're bricked forever.

We had to cancel service for my fathers account when he passed away in December and was very shocked when we were charged to return the receiver. I knew that there was a normal charge for this, but felt that since this was out of our control that it should not apply. I contacted Matt about this and he understood the situation and was able to get the charge waived. Thanks to Matt and to Scott for making this available to us as members!

Initial interaction with one of the Response Team members was extremely positive and efficient. This seems to be an outstanding addition for the Dish customer/SatelliteGuys member.

Scott, I think a Stickie with the names/links of the reps would be useful, instead of having to dig through threads to find one.

I haven't been on this site in a while and think it's a great idea that Dish has an official presence on the site. It must be a challenge to ignore some of the silly posts that appear here. I bet it's even more of a challenge to defend some of Dish's silly policies from an official position (some things sound a lot better in a conference room than they do in front of customers).

It takes a special kind of person to be able to do this and I appreciate it.

Why not add a new forum just for the DISH csrs and call it: ASK DISH? Then if you have any questions you can go directly to the forum and ask away.

Why not add a new forum just for the DISH csrs and call it: ASK DISH? Then if you have any questions you can go directly to the forum and ask away.

Because then it would be a Forum for people to ask Dish why we don't have distant networks and why do we have audits. That is not what these folks are here for. They are here to assist us with issues we are having and inform us why some things are the way they are. Let's face it, they are not top of the ladder and there are things that they can't discuss, but they are a very real asset to do what they are here for.

We had to cancel service for my fathers account when he passed away in December and was very shocked when we were charged to return the receiver. I knew that there was a normal charge for this, but felt that since this was out of our control that it should not apply. I contacted Matt about this and he understood the situation and was able to get the charge waived. Thanks to Matt and to Scott for making this available to us as members!

You were luckier than you realize. I seem to recall hearing some years ago about someone canceling a service for a deceased person, only to be told repeatedly that only the account holder could cancel the account. Some not so bright people out there.

Yes, I too went through this. I had to fax the death certificate to dish before I could even cancel sevice. It was after that we were charged to cancel and return the box. I just think that dish should be a little more understanding in these circumstances. Matt was understanding and so helpful. Thanks again!

I think the Internet Response team is a great idea.

It not only gives us direct contact with Dish, it gives Dish direct feedback.

I'm a new member here, and didn't realize that this was a new arrangement with Dish. Not only do I think it's a great idea, I've interacted with them already to help me solve problems and they have been TERRIFIC. It will definitely make me stick around and visit the forum more often. It also gives me hope that Dish really does care about customer service. My last half-dozen or so interactions through dishnetwork.com or over the phone have been pretty bad experiences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)