So what happened to the new HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think we're done for the year. No inside info, just my gut feeling.:( Or maybe it's the after effects of that Ham and Bean soup I had for lunch.:D

Could Voom be comming back thus adding 15 new HD channels??

(I had to start that rumor)

You never know. They did re-add the "We hope to be back on Dish shortly. Please contact them to complain" message on their website. I think it was removed for a while.........we can only pray. In fact, I would be willing to give up asking for any additional HD for 2009 (even FX, Speed, and Spike) if they would just readd Voom...........

Last edited:
I do remember you came back optimistic as hell, and since then, not too much has happened. 1080p at $6.99 a movie with super limited selection is pretty much worthless. Oh wait, I have 75 HD PPV Channels to shoose from.......you would think as a "low cost leader" that additional purchase per view services that are above market price would not be an intelligent sales strategy.

if that is the only thing that was required to be hush hush about the that is pretty lame am beginning to think that Charlie is just a snake oil kind a guy and that we are witnessing the crumbling of Dish right before our eyes I really hope that it's not true after having been w/them for 11 years but none of the stuff that si being pulled makes any legitimate business sense.... Blaming falling lower #'s piracy and that Dish is perpetual talks with Fox Viacom CBS etc, makes one wonder how Charlie can afford the lawsuit of the week club that he seem sto be the charter member of .... 150+/- by years end is becoming more and more of a pipe dream.....So keep on smokin the good stuff Chuck and do us a favor pass it aroound..... late

I do remember you came back optimistic as hell, and since then, not too much has happened. 1080p at $6.99 a movie with super limited selection is pretty much worthless. Oh wait, I have 75 HD PPV Channels to shoose from.......you would think as a "low cost leader" that additional purchase per view services that are above market price would not be an intelligent sales strategy.

if that is the only thing that was required to be hush hush about the that is pretty lame am beginning to think that Charlie is just a snake oil kind a guy and that we are witnessing the crumbling of Dish right before our eyes I really hope that it's not true after having been w/them for 11 years but none of the stuff that si being pulled makes any legitimate business sense.... Blaming falling lower #'s piracy and that Dish is perpetual talks with Fox Viacom CBS etc, makes one wonder how Charlie can afford the lawsuit of the week club that he seem sto be the charter member of .... 150+/- by years end is becoming more and more of a pipe dream.....So keep on smokin the good stuff Chuck and do us a favor pass it aroound..... late

I need a dogie

The original post that started the "New HD rumor" is this one...
Again (and I have posted this before) here is what I know and its everything I know.

I have been told by various Dish Employees that new HD is coming this week. While I have been told this I have not even got a clue to whats coming. But I have been told that our readers will like the new offerings.

I should note that before these Dish employees told me new HD was coming this week I have been "speculating" here at SatelliteGuys the past two weeks that we would see new HD this week.

Here is my reasons again for the speculation.

Dish Network will be releasing its Q3 results on Monday. As you know I work with a lot of retailers, DNS employees and installers and from everything I am hearing was that business was very bad for that quarter, and therefore I expect bad numbers for Dish Networks Q3. Dish has been adding new channels before these announcements to get some positive news out there and bump their stock price before their stock price is really bumped when they announce their numbers. I expect that to happen this time as well.

Also on Monday Night there is a Dish Network Tech Chat, its is there first official chat for the holiday season, I expect them to announce a few things including the new DTVPal DVR which will be available at the end of the month (This was known as the TR-50) in addition the new DishNetwork.COM (I expect Online DVR scheduling to start working on or around Monday) plus a few other things. In addition it would be great promo for customers by starting the show to announce that they added a handfull of new HD channels.

Those are my reasons for speculating on the new channels and why I believe we will see them this week. Now in my own head I don't see the new channels being turned on until Friday thats they way they have been doing them lately.

So you can see we are going on with my speculation combined with what I have been told by contacts inside Dish. And of course this could all be wrong I have been told things in the past which did not happen or were delayed at the last moment.

I should add then when folks from inside Dish tell me things and they don't happen I dont think they are playing games with us or me. I can say that all the folks I have talked with this time around are excited to see that things are picking up and are going to get exciting again.

I guess we could see a clue in todays uplink report. And hopefully it will be more then a clue. I will watch and wait in anticipation with you. :)

And thats what's up.

There were a few follow-up post that said he talked to his contacts again and things were still a go. But I am sure DISH just changed their mind again at the last minute as has happened every other time a rumor has been posted here. We will eventually get new HD with or without rumors and \ or speculation.

The only other part is the promise of 150 HD channels by the end of the year which is still over six weeks away.
Do you realize how impractical that is ? I know very well how "up to" can be interpreted and Dish is probably saying they didn't outright. They do have "up to 150" HD channels. Hell, they've got "up to 1000" HD channels for that matter !!

Their claims (I do NOT call them "plans") for this magic number of 150 channels was nothing more than to appease current customers and to attract new customers vs having them go to competitors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)