So what hardware do I need for this setup?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ajax

Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Dish won't come out and do my install so I'm going to purchase a Dish and whatever else I need to set it up myself.

Here's what I want to do:
I have 1 HD TV and 2 regular TVs (1 is a tuner on1 of my PCs).
I want to get a dual tuner HD DVR (942) for the primary TV and at least 2 more single tuner boxes, maybe a second DVR.
So what do I need to set something like this up?

I'm thinking a Dish 1000 and a cheap box for pointing the dish to measure signal strength if necessary.

Is there anything else I need to get to set this setup?

I figure I'll purchase whatever I need from dish store and get 1000 ft of rg-6 coax.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ajax

inwo said:
What, no local dealers? They will do it for free!
When you say local dealers, you mean stores like Fry's Electronics, radio shack, etc?

I thought they'd still go through Dish for the install and Dish said no.

open up your yellow pages turn to satellite tv. I GARUNTEE you there is a fairly long list of local retailers...other than frys, radiohack, etc. let your fingers do the walking and make a couple calls.

I work for radio shack as an installer, and if you buy it from them they should come out and do the install, unless you were or are a current customer then you have to purchase the equipment and hire an installer or do it yourself.

jimmied said:
I work for radio shack as an installer, and if you buy it from them they should come out and do the install, unless you were or are a current customer then you have to purchase the equipment and hire an installer or do it yourself.
Cool.
I might give that a shot.

Thanks for the input. I'd love to get this knocked out as easily as possible.

If it doesn't work out, go for a D1000, 942, 522/625. Four tuners on two wires.

1000' of RG-6 is huge overkill, but sometimes can cost less than smaller amounts.

Spend the $$$ on a compression tool and F-connectors - it's well worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)