So what hardware do I need for this setup?

Ajax

Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Dish won't come out and do my install so I'm going to purchase a Dish and whatever else I need to set it up myself.

Here's what I want to do:
I have 1 HD TV and 2 regular TVs (1 is a tuner on1 of my PCs).
I want to get a dual tuner HD DVR (942) for the primary TV and at least 2 more single tuner boxes, maybe a second DVR.
So what do I need to set something like this up?

I'm thinking a Dish 1000 and a cheap box for pointing the dish to measure signal strength if necessary.

Is there anything else I need to get to set this setup?

I figure I'll purchase whatever I need from dish store and get 1000 ft of rg-6 coax.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ajax

inwo said:
What, no local dealers? They will do it for free!
When you say local dealers, you mean stores like Fry's Electronics, radio shack, etc?

I thought they'd still go through Dish for the install and Dish said no.

open up your yellow pages turn to satellite tv. I GARUNTEE you there is a fairly long list of local retailers...other than frys, radiohack, etc. let your fingers do the walking and make a couple calls.

I work for radio shack as an installer, and if you buy it from them they should come out and do the install, unless you were or are a current customer then you have to purchase the equipment and hire an installer or do it yourself.

jimmied said:
I work for radio shack as an installer, and if you buy it from them they should come out and do the install, unless you were or are a current customer then you have to purchase the equipment and hire an installer or do it yourself.
Cool.
I might give that a shot.

Thanks for the input. I'd love to get this knocked out as easily as possible.

If it doesn't work out, go for a D1000, 942, 522/625. Four tuners on two wires.

1000' of RG-6 is huge overkill, but sometimes can cost less than smaller amounts.

Spend the $$$ on a compression tool and F-connectors - it's well worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts