So what will Charlie Talk About tonight?

Dish has got to raise rates sometime, so they wonder why they should wait to do it because they know consumers will either get upset now or get upset later. Perhaps if they waited to do price increases every two or three years raising it $2-5 on the basic package instead of raising it $1-2 each year then that would make customers angrier when the price increase did come. Sometimes it does not look as bad if it is gradual instead of all at once, perhaps that is part of their strategy now, to expect it to go up $1-$2 a year now.

I am not saying he shouldn't raise his rates. But he should not talk crap about the cable companies for doing it. When he knows and we know he will have to. I am a business owner I know about rate increases. I don't think my comment earlier came across right. I don't think he should eat the costs, just don't publically bash for someone else raising rates. That my friend is Hypocritical.

If Charlie's rates for more channels and slower growth in rates is significantly better and lower than cables, he still has a point doesn't he?

A hyprocrite to me is a politician that tells you one thing and does something completely different.

Charlie is trying as "I" see it, offers you more channels for your money with lower rates then the seemingly perpetual cable rate increases that offer you most of the time nothing more.. Even basic packages where they offer you virtually nothing have gone up $2.00 on Comcast in all or most areas.. Why should basic cable rates go up, they are in most cases providing you with locals and some local access channels that cost them little or nothing..

Consumer Charlie Chats usually fall on the First Monday of each month from 9:00 PM until 10:00 PM EST. on channel 101.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)