So what's going on with CNN?

Next is MSNBC:eek:
Well, actually...

Well, actually...
Weird; I have welcome package. The guide shows my subscribed stations. It has 207. When I select, nothing happens. Was hopping a station like old cnn headline news.

Okaaaaaay. Needed to wait longer. The screen is divided. Some grayed out. Does that mean I can choose among what I am subscribed to?

You can't choose. Dish Wisdom (DW) determines that channel's content. I guess if you're not subscribed to all of DW's choices, the offending channels are grayed out.

Kinda funny...right now, I have FXNEWS, CNN, WN, and CSPAN showing. WN is Weather Nation, except the quarter of the screen has the video of Fox Business displaying. When I arrow over to highlight it, I get the Fox Business audio. When I then press Select to watch that channel, it takes me to Weather Nation channel 215. Now I think Dish Headlines is getting infiltrated by possible Russians trying to hack our weather.

Weird; I have welcome package. The guide shows my subscribed stations. It has 207. When I select, nothing happens. Was hopping a station like old cnn headline news.
With Welcome Pack, the channels that are usually visible in Dish Headlines on weekdays are MSNBC and Bloomberg. Both of those screens were located on the right-hand side of the screen, making it easy to switch between them. Now, with MSNBC being removed from the app, the only video channels you may see there are Bloomberg and/or C-SPAN.

Okaaaaaay. Needed to wait longer. The screen is divided. Some grayed out. Does that mean I can choose among what I am subscribed to?
You can't choose. Dish Wisdom (DW) determines that channel's content. I guess if you're not subscribed to all of DW's choices, the offending channels are grayed out.

Kinda funny...right now, I have FXNEWS, CNN, WN, and CSPAN showing. WN is Weather Nation, except the quarter of the screen has the video of Fox Business displaying. When I arrow over to highlight it, I get the Fox Business audio. When I then press Select to watch that channel, it takes me to Weather Nation channel 215. Now I think Dish Headlines is getting infiltrated by possible Russians trying to hack our weather.
Interestingly, I am able to launch the Dish Headlines app on my deactivated Hopper Duo. All four windows are grayed out, but I can still move the highlight to get audio from the highlighted channel. You are right, the so-called WN is definitely not Weather Nation. This feature (glitch?) with the audio came in handy on Election Night, with my cheap International Basic subscription. I activated my Hopper Duo so I could get video from C-SPAN. (That was the only channel in the six-screen mosaic that I actually subscribed to.) Then, I could move the highlight to get the audio from any of the other cable networks covering the election that were featured there.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts