OTHER So whats good to watch on Ku Band?

Ill second the PBS, except my dedicated dish is on 125w, the nbc mux with cozi plus the news (NHK and RT) on 103w and there are some ok things on 97w. Velocity is a good channel but I didnt set up a separate dish just for one channel. I really wish there were the abc feeds like on c-band on ku. SOmetimes i wonder if more things might migrate to ku later.

SOmetimes i wonder if more things might migrate to ku later.
Not likely, C-Band does not have the rain fade that Ku has. Cable companies and such don't want rain fade ... losing enough customers to internet streaming as it is.

My Ku dish hasn't moved off of 103 for so long, that it thinks it is a stationary dish! NBC and COZI, a little RT now and then. If I had the line of sight, would probably have fixed on 30W, but would need a REALLY BIG trench.

Hey all, i'm wondering what people are actually watching on Ku Band.. Whats good up there?

I'm mainly watching Dutch channels on 23E (with subscription), English channels on 28E, German channels on 19E, and Italian channels on 13E; a few French channels on 19E also.
I'm not motorized at the moment, alas, but would want to watch some more French channels. Maybe later this year.

Is this what you wanted to know? :)
This is an international forum, you know. ;)

greetz,
A33

Well thank you but I must confess..... With the Italian and French channels I need the Italian and French subtitles to recognize the seperate words.

Otherwise the spoken language goes much too fast for me. o_O
Nevertheless, I like these languages! :)

Greetz,
A33

some interesting stuff on 30W, CGTN in French and English on 95W, Many French-language channels on 97W, NHK and Cozi on 103W, BVN on 113W, KBS on 123W and all PBS channels on 125W

It's a bit disappointing that there are not more global channels from the big European countries in Ku. France 24 and DW are only on C-Band, BBC World News is nowhere to be found in clear in North America as far as I know. Not sure if any Italian channel can be received. In comparison, we can get CGTN, NHK, RT and BVN quite easily with a small dish (quite reliable on a 60cm dish).

Reactions: jorgek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts