So, which players do you own now: HD DVD, Blu-ray or both?

So, which players do you own now: HD DVD, Blu-ray or both?

• I have HD DVD player only

Votes: 53 45.7%
  • I have Blu-ray player only

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • I have both formats

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Currently neither

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Regardles of which format you prefer, which players do you currently have: HD DVD, Blu-ray or both?

Wonder if today's sale has convinced many of you to go Red or Purple.

I've been Neutral for over a year. Passed on the BD1000 and waited for the Panasonic. Three HD-DVD players and 1 BD player. I'm going to hold off on the BD30 untill this all plays out.

S~

Last edited:
I bought an HD DVD player weeks after launch, in May 2006, based on the positive reviews. I haven't regretted that decision for one minute.

I bought a PS3 in April as a BD player only. I honestly wasn't that impressed with BD movies, especially the earlier 25GB Mpeg2 encodes. Hearing rumors of $399 PS3's, I decided if I didn't want the PS3 long-term (I didn't), it was better to sell it ahead of the price drop. I eBayed it Sept. I was thinking the Samsung dual player, but the drop in A35 to under $400 did me in. :p I'm very impressed with the A35.

If I get a BD player (I did keep my favorite BD movies), it will after the first of the year and after seeing which way Warner goes.

I am Blu-Ray now (Samsung BD-1200 which I love!!!), but I will soon be "both".

I cannot pass on a deal for a $100 HD-DVD player. $100 is very little to risk to cover both formats, even if HD-DVD eventually goes belly-up.

The A35 is the first HD-DVD player that has my interest perked!

I am Blu-Ray now (Samsung BD-1200 which I love!!!), but I will soon be "both".

I cannot pass on a deal for a $100 HD-DVD player. $100 is very little to risk to cover both formats, even if HD-DVD eventually goes belly-up.

CORRECTION: I take that back. Me thinks this is a REAL desperation move by HD-DVD according to my latest reading. I will pass for now.....

CORRECTION: I take that back. Me thinks this is a REAL desperation move by HD-DVD according to my latest reading. I will pass for now.....

im thinking the same thing they are clearing out what they have as they know they are going to be with the losing format and wanted to move alot of units before the came out and said they are stopping hd dvds all together which I think might come maybe at ces, toshiba might announce a bombshell with their first blu-ray player.

im thinking the same thing they are clearing out what they have as they know they are going to be with the losing format and wanted to move alot of units before the came out and said they are stopping hd dvds all together which I think might come maybe at ces, toshiba might announce a bombshell with their first blu-ray player.

Wow.

I can't believe you even typed this.

Im recently neutral, own both.

If I have to choose a loser itd still be HDDVD. I want BD to survive strictly for storage space and CE support(nothing to do with movies, but as a storage medium for camcorders and such).

I was not interested in HD formats until Amazon offered the HD-A2 for under $200. I bought one then and have been very happy with it. The picture quality of the HD movies have been spectacular and the upconverted DVDs have looked great too. The A2 does not do a good job of playing audio CDs (the audio fades in and out), so I don't use it for that.

I own about 15 HD DVDs (and counting) and have rented about 3 HD DVDs from Netflix. I find all of these anti-Sony, anti-Microsoft, anti-Michael Bey, anti-Paramount arguments ridiculous. I am not anti-Blu Ray and would consider buying a Blu ray player once the price is more reasonable.

Last edited:
I have my PS3 and I have a BD player built into it!
I am planning to get a nice BT remote control for it hehe.

I have my PS3 and I have a BD player built into it!
I am planning to get a nice BT remote control for it hehe.

I did buy the BT remote for my PS3 from Wally world. Much better.

One area where SONY/SAMSUNG/TOSHIBA can all take a fracking long walk off a short pier is giving you unlit remotes with these pricey players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)