So which would be cheaper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Right now I have the middle package. Is it top 200? Or something like that. With the HD pack add on for $10. Then for receivers I have my primary receiver being a 501 and my secondary receiver being a 722 that is owned by me. I see now that they are going to charge $17 for secondary HD duo receivers. Would I be better off to make my 722 my primary receiver and the 501 the secondary? How much a month will the 501's cost as an additional receiver? Do they still get billed as a dvr receiver even though they are supposed to be grandfathered into the no dvr free? Just wondering if I'd be better off to call Dish and see if they could switch my receivers around since it looks like the additional charge for a 722 is a lot higher than the charge for an additional regular receiver.

Your 722 should already be your primary now. Your bill should look like this:
Top 200 $52.99
DVR $6.00
HD $10.00
501 $10.00
Plus any additional programming you may have such as HBO or Showtime or even the service plan.

I'm not sure what my bill looks like since I haven't gotten one yet. However, the online lists my 501 as the primary receiver and the 722 as the secondary. Why are they also charging more for the 501's now since weren't the supposed to be grandfathered in as not having a DVR fee? Seems like they have it anyway now. Seems like they should fall under the $7 fee for standard receivers. I guess that isn't how Dish works though.

Call Dish and have them put your 722 as your primary receiver--I've noticed that they don't automatically switch to the newer STB when it's added.

It is a DVR but the 501 and 508 are exempt from the DVR fee, always have been, so they are treated like non-DVR receivers.

It is $7.00 for additional receiver on the 501/508 and is considered solo receiver. The 510 model is considered a solo dvr and is $10.00 for additional receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)