So who is subscribing to NFL ST+SF next year?

Are you going to subscribe to NFL ST+SF?

• Yes

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
i checked maybe. now, that we have nfl network in hd, i suspect i can watch the best games of the week........although, condensed......on the nfl network and save money.

Problem is, you already know the final scores, I cannot watch a game normally if it's not live.

Jimbo

Problem is, you already know the final scores, I cannot watch a game normally if it's not live.

Jimbo

i am aware of that. but i record so many games as it is now, there really isn't much difference. i guess it will all depend on how much they try to charge me for super fan since i got it free last year.

No NFL ST for me. I guess I'm a part of the dying breed that actually roots for their own hometown team. Go Browns! Plus D* offers my locals in HD.

As for the rest of the advantages NFL ST offers, I don't see it necessary as all of the other main games will be televised nationally anyways.

I'm in. Too many great games I don't want to miss. Although if the price continues to go much higher from here that maybe a game changing moment.

No NFL ST for me. I guess I'm a part of the dying breed that actually roots for their own hometown team. Go Browns! Plus D* offers my locals in HD.

As for the rest of the advantages NFL ST offers, I don't see it necessary as all of the other main games will be televised nationally anyways.

Well if you're a local who just cares about your team then ST does not make a lot of sense. However, if you're someone like me who has an out of market team that is not very popular and thus not shown nationally a great deal, and you just love watching all football in general, then for the NFL package is the best $400 I will spend a year.

As I tell everyone, "Don't expect me to leave the house on Sundays between 1 and 8pm"

Where I am located at, there are 3 local teams that claim this area. Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. Being a Bengals fan sometimes you never get to see your team play on TV. I am also Redskins fan so I harldy ever get to see them play on TV.

Where I am located at, there are 3 local teams that claim this area. Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. Being a Bengals fan sometimes you never get to see your team play on TV. I am also Redskins fan so I harldy ever get to see them play on TV.

Pitt all the way down in Kentucky? Cleveland is awfully far away too.

I guess my rule of thumb is to root for a team within state lines and within proximity to your hometown/residence. If you happen to live in a state that does not house an NFL team, then chose proximity. I guess I don't have that problem as Cleveland is only 18-20 miles from where I live.

The CBS and FOX tv stations are in the Huntington/Charleston WV DMA.

What FSN channels do you get?

Well if E* puts the Boston HD locals on a spotbeam that will not reach me, I will have to subscribe to ST & SF. No way I am going without all the Pats games.

Wow now that I have D* this is an actual option. I am undecided since I work most Sundays (from home though, nice benefit), also I am in Utah which doesn't have a pro team. It might be worth it so I can actually watch my 49er's and not just see their scores (losing for the most part, oh well give them more time).

Question: Do most people get both the NFL ST and the HD SuperFan option? Heck since I love HD this might be the only way to watch.

Wow now that I have D* this is an actual option. I am undecided since I work most Sundays (from home though, nice benefit), also I am in Utah which doesn't have a pro team. It might be worth it so I can actually watch my 49er's and not just see their scores (losing for the most part, oh well give them more time).

Question: Do most people get both the NFL ST and the HD SuperFan option? Heck since I love HD this might be the only way to watch.

IF you have an HD set then YES MOST do get the Superfan with it.
If you ask nicely , sometime you can get it free, or have them charge you and credit your for something else.

Seeing you work from home, I would consider it IF SEEING your team is a priority.
Personally, I see the 49'ers starting thier way back to NFL respectability, unlike the local Detroit Lions.
(See why I have the ST, I have to have someone I can watch other than the Lions .... Steelers !)

Detroit Lions
Rebuilding since 1956 :no !protest :no

(Used with the expressed compliments of Paul, Thanks Paul !)

It was TORTUROUS watching the Niners play this past year. I was all psyched about being able to watch every game for the season and they had such high expectations, like winning the NFC West and at least clinching a Wild Card... Near the end of the season I would just flip around or have Red Zone Channel on my HDTV and put the Niner game on my computer. The NFL packages showed me just how much I love football and not just the 49ers. Even if I knew that the Niners were going to go 3-13 this coming year I would still order it. And while I do have some faith in the Niners this coming year, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Also don't forget that Superfan is MUCH more than just HD games. You also get the Red Zone channel, which is great if there are no games on that you particularly care about at a particular time since they switch around to all different games when a team is in the red zone or a major event occurs. You also get the ability to watch any game from your computer with Supercast (local games excluded of course.) This is great if you're on the road or if you have a situation like I listed earlier. You also get the Game Mix channel which has like 8 games on at once. For the extra $100 you do get your money's worth. And I don't need to remind you how hard it is to go back to watching football in SD when you've been watching it in HD.

IF you have an HD set then YES MOST do get the Superfan with it.
If you ask nicely , sometime you can get it free, or have them charge you and credit your for something else.

Seeing you work from home, I would consider it IF SEEING your team is a priority.
Personally, I see the 49'ers starting thier way back to NFL respectability, unlike the local Detroit Lions.
(See why I have the ST, I have to have someone I can watch other than the Lions .... Steelers !)

Detroit Lions
Rebuilding since 1956 :no !protest :no

(Used with the expressed compliments of Paul, Thanks Paul !)

I'm curious about your comment of "if you ask nicely sometimes you get it for free" meaning the SuperFan add on. Did you receive the SuperFan package for free while ordering NFL ST ? Also, I just looked on my D* account on the web, I see that the ST is $269.00 for the 2008 season, but no where is it listed how much SF will be this year ? Does anyone know what the price of SF is for 2008 season ?

GO NINERS !!!!!!!!!

I don't see how they could give us SF for free. They can't "package" it because you can't have one without the other. Hopefully they'll give renewed subscribers a little bit of a discount, maybe $75 instead of $99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts