So who signs Ray Rice??

real world means nothing, it's the legal world that matters. And in the legal world, a judge has ruled that the termination was wrongful. Rice will get his back pay for the entire year, and become a free agent due to how the Ravens handled things.

The video showed nothing more than Rice had already admitted, and is why the judge ruled against the NFL, and will do so against Baltimore as well.

Where, specifically, has "a judge has ruled that the termination was wrongful" because all I've seen is his suspension overturned.

Any player can be cut for any reason. Ravens are well within their right to cut him just because he looked at someone funny, let alone the PR disaster he became. He's then entitled to any compensation as dictated by his contract and the CBA.

At what point did he become part of some protected class that would then fall under some wrongful termination claim? He wasn't discriminated against, he didn't blow a whistle, etc.

Last edited:
He's made more money still this year than he would spending the rest of his career in the CFL probably, just a sniff of an NFL team is more lucrative, don't think it will ever be an option, especially as a RB with very finite lifespan. Going to another league and getting hit a bunch of times isn't how you get another NFL contract as a RB who will be 28 on my birthday in January.

I think Rice should be able to collect any money that might be owed to him because the NFL and the Ravens screwed this up from the get go. He should have been suspended or released by Baltimore right after the news broke and the first video should have been plenty of proof for that punishment. After Baltimore released him, the NFL should HAVE THEN suspended him the entire 1014 season. The second video should have NEVER played a role in his punishment. That was just plain dumb on the part of the NFL and the Ravens in my opinion. They both had the info and the first video and that was plenty. I am glad his second punishment was over-turned because you now force the NFL and other teams to get it right the first time and even if they over punish, that can be reduced and "fixed" afterwards. I had a lot of respect for Goodell before this debacle but a lot of it is now gone. Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens did an even worse job IMO.

As far as Peterson goes, he needs to be suspended for the rest of the year just because he showed no remorse for his actions until very recently. I do think he should have a second chance though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)