So Who's In the Know?? When is there going to be more Hopper to Hopper Integration?

I have a feeling that this is all there will be, integration wize. The 6 tuner hopper would be DISH's answer for integration. One receiver with 6 tuners and hopefully even larger hard drive than the current 3 tuner hopper.

I have a feeling that this is all there will be, integration wize. The 6 tuner hopper would be DISH's answer for integration. One receiver with 6 tuners and hopefully even larger hard drive than the current 3 tuner hopper.

Well, as the lessee of two hoppers, I hope that ain't the case! At the very least, I'd like to be able to set timers across Hoppers, see timers across hoppers, daily schedules etc..Seems like a natural evolution - not asking for revolution!

Hopper to Hopper integration is smarter in that you can still watch TV if you lose one. I know that it is coming. I would rather have two 3 tuner Hoppers than one 6 tuner Hopper.

I wish there was a way you could see what is connected to an External Harddrive connected to one Hopper from another Hopper. You can do this with the Joeys if you link a Joey with one Hopper, then unlink it and connect it to the other Hopper. Personally I'm thinking about moving the Hopper into the game room and just using a Joey just so I can do what I mentioned. The only thing stopping me is how temperamental my hopper gets at times and requires manual reboots. I also figure it would be a pretty easy job by just switching the lines out on the switch by the dish and then moving the hardware to the correct room.

I plan to get two Hoppers and two Joey when OTA arrives. At this point with limited intergration what can I do from Hopper to Hopper ? Can I set timers from one Hopper to the other? Can i see live TV if one Hopper using 3 tuners? How does the Joey interact? What is the biggest limitation with two Hoppers today?

Nice thing about the Current Hopper to Hopper intergration, for example I have two Hoppers/One Joey- I have Prime Time Anytime on one, off on the other. Opens up that third tuner and from each of my hoppers I can pull up recordings and PTAT shows from each Hopper.

Can you record on Hopper 2 from Hopper 1 or from a Joey?

About the only thing you can do is connect your Joey to Hopper 1 and set something up to record, and then unlink your Joey from Hopper 1 and connect to Hopper 2 and set up a timer on Hopper 2. The Joey can see both Hoppers at the same time with integration so you can watch programs from either Hopper without unlinking but to set up a program to record on a certain Hopper you have to be linked with that Hopper.

Can you record on Hopper 2 from Hopper 1 or from a Joey?

No .. but you can view recordings on Hopper 2 from Hopper 1.

Full integration would be awesome.. two Hoppers yield 6 tuners .. but you only have access to three from a given Hopper, however, there's plenty of realestate in the menu when viewing the three tuners. (found a picture of the tuner listing...)
hoppernotuner.jpg
There's plenty of room to integrate another three tuners from a second Hopper. Seems like it should be an update at some point.

Plenty of room except when PTAT is going. Then again that's what scroll bars are for.

As it currently stands, Hopper integration is about the same as DirecTV's offering, except the Hopper has 3 tuners instead of 5. I'm not sure that Dish is going to so anything more than that. Chances are they will release a 6 tuner Hopper instead.

Personally, I like it just fine the way it is now, and those that want it another way can get the 6 tuner version if/when it is released. Though they need to get EHDs working between Hoppet-to-Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

One thing I prefer with Hopper by far over D*'s offering is the fact that you can easily use PiP with the buttons on the remotes.

I really don't think its right that they should push six tuner hopper and just not complete the work on integrating the two three tuner hoppers or three three tuner hoppers. It gives us redundancy which with dish we really need, I know I don't want just one box that does it all, due to failure. So as logical as it seems to have one hopper that does it all I would rather have the two, hopefully they will see this and come to the same conclusion or at least allow us to have a six tuner and two three tuner ones.

I think at this point, i'd just be satisfied with a drop down that flips back and forth between hoppers for viewing tuners. Just like they have for DVR content shared between hoppers.

I don't even really care about seamless integration anymore as I've realized that we like having a little separation within the household.

Have you see the seamless integration in action on DirecTV? I have seen it with 3 HD DVRS all connected, the list has shows all on the same list.
If you happen to record the same show on more than one, it just puts them both into a folder automatically for you.
If you want to just view the one DVR list you have a drop down for it.
This way you get the best of both options, the customer gets to choose.
Currently with Dish you are forced into just one option.

ScottChez said:
Have you see the seamless integration in action on DirecTV? I have seen it with 3 HD DVRS all connected, the list has shows all on the same list.
If you happen to record the same show on more than one, it just puts them both into a folder automatically for you.
If you want to just view the one DVR list you have a drop down for it.
This way you get the best of both options, the customer gets to choose.
Currently with Dish you are forced into just one option.

The list may be integrated (big deal I don't wanna fumble through everyone's crap anyway) you still can't set recordings from one DVR to the next. So not "truly" seamless.

The list may be integrated (big deal I don't wanna fumble through everyone's crap anyway) you still can't set recordings from one DVR to the next. So not "truly" seamless.

Scott said Dish was going to roll out with higher degree of integration among Hoppers, but decided that such integration, such as ONE recordings list displayed from all Hoppers, looked like too much information and felt customers didn't want to wade through others' recordings or just seem plain cumbersome. So, Dish went with LESS integration.

However, this demonstrates that Dish already has the software to allow MORE integration. I would like to see this as an OPTION so that those who want less integration are satisfied and not overwhelmed while allow the rest of us to activate MORE integration. Leave it to the customer to decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)