SoapNet go off the air in Jan 2012 Rebrand as Disney Jr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Disney goes on to mention decreased viewship coupled with timeshifting, made possible with DVRs, and online episodes has lessoned the need for this channel...just hope the soaps will beon VOD because my wife has to watch Soapnet from time-to-time because the networks like interrupting daytime programming for breaking news - and she hates watching online.

Going after Nick's Noggin demographic.

I don't blame Disney, afterall their "Playhouse Disney" channel has been a success in Canada, might as well do the same thing here.

I don't care for the name change of Playhouse Disney to Disney Jr. They're copying Nick changing Noggin to Nick Jr. Didn't care for that change either.

With all the local channels launching on satellite, more people will be able to view the soaps, along with DVR's being able to record them while people are at work or away.

Going after Nick's Noggin demographic.

I don't blame Disney, afterall their "Playhouse Disney" channel has been a success in Canada, might as well do the same thing here.

I don't care for the name change of Playhouse Disney to Disney Jr. They're copying Nick changing Noggin to Nick Jr. Didn't care for that change either.

In Nicks Defense they have been using the name Nick Jr, since I was a kid ;) It was what they called the morning block of there programming for the younger lads.. Ahh I miss those days.. Anyone remember Euerkas Castle? COME ON MAN thats good tv!

I do agree about the Disney thing. Playhouse Disney should be the name

No surprise here. The whole point of SoapNet was for people who liked to watch Soaps but couldn't do it when they were originally on. DVRs basically have that covered. Still, I knew a number of people who would just use a timed VCR and record daily. Amazing how devoted some people are to their "stories."

I haven't seen many of the soaps on VOD, but I'm sure this is being addressed. Offhand, I get the feeling one or two more soaps will be cancelled within a year...ratings are less than half of what they used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)