Software on the 721 ?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
How is the software on the 721 running? I am sending back my 942 and dropping down to the 180 only. I am still very upset over the treatment on the 942 deal. So i am going to sit back and see what i want to do. I have in my closet the the 508 and the 721 just not sure which one to put back into use. The dual tuner is not that big of a deal for me.

DishDave said:
How is the software on the 721 running? I am sending back my 942 and dropping down to the 180 only. I am still very upset over the treatment on the 942 deal. So i am going to sit back and see what i want to do. I have in my closet the the 508 and the 721 just not sure which one to put back into use. The dual tuner is not that big of a deal for me.

It's stable again, except the long load times if you need to reset the box. The longest i've seen it take was 9 minutes from a front panel reset.

Don't forget no NBR on the 508 and 721.

I know the 721 and 508 have no NBR. But don't worry Charlie promised it on the 508. So it must be true.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My 721 (in the bedroom), and my 501 for that matter, have been rock-solid lately.

Maybe that's the good side of very infrequent s/w updates......

I think it's been over a year since I had to reboot my 721. And I don't recall EVER rebooting my 508, but then, I don't use the 508 much.

I have been having spontaneous reboots on my 721 recently, but it is almost always when recording with both tuners and doing a bunch of (FF - REW - PAUSE) while viewing a 3rd recorded program at the same time. For normal viewing, no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)