Software probs w/ STB

slatton79

Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Anyone got a call on this. My local installer called and left msg. this morning to set up appt. to replace my STB's b/c of software glitch? Anyone else gotten this call or know anything about it?

slatton79 said:
Anyone got a call on this. My local installer called and left msg. this morning to set up appt. to replace my STB's b/c of software glitch? Anyone else gotten this call or know anything about it?
I haven't received a call, but my stb has locked up frequently since the next to last update. Maybe they're replacing stbs of a certain vintage. I started with VOOM in December 2003, and I believe the stb is that old. Is yours?

I have not called VOOM and have not had any problems. I was just installed Jan. 10, 2005!

Verrrrrrryyyyyy interesting!! I don't have a clue what it might mean, and I just got re-installed on Tuesday. I'd certainly quiz the local installer who called...he may have just gotten his phone numbers mixed up somehow when he left the message. Keep us posted on what transpires! Thanks, Vicki :)

Talked to the lady with my installer and she said they recieved a recall this morning on the STB's due to the software having some kind of glitch that might interefere with programming viewing and cause interference. Setup time to swap on Monday!?!?!

This is news to me i have not heard this at all something don't sound right. and i have put in 100 boxes since jan. you would think that i would have heard this by now. If i was you i would call Voom on this to see what they have to say.

Don't call Voom

Don't waste your time calling us, we don't know. T, you may want to find out who the field manager is for this tech and his company and shoot him a kite. Voom reps have not heard of this as of yet. Heck, we were finally told yesterday that the new dvr remotes were being issued with standard installs. They didn't tell us how to program them though. I knew early, because I read almost all of these posts, just to stay updated on what is going on. Lots of respect on my end for you Tyork, you go the extra mile and it is appreciated.

"DVR remotes..." *PERK*

HUH? ;)

I'm amazed people haven't hopped on that statement like fruit flies on a rotten peach.

Lob

Yep, been wondering what was meant by that statement...

Lobstah said:
"DVR remotes..." *PERK*

HUH? ;)

I'm amazed people haven't hopped on that statement like fruit flies on a rotten peach.

Lob

although with this "the new dvr remotes were being issued with standard installs. They didn't tell us how to program them though. I knew early, because I read almost all of these posts, just to stay updated on what is going on." I'm not sure the reference.

Still enjoying-darn have to boot up another CD-music under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

slatton79 said:
Talked to the lady with my installer and she said they recieved a recall this morning on the STB's due to the software having some kind of glitch that might interefere with programming viewing and cause interference. Setup time to swap on Monday!?!?!
slatton79, I checked with VOOM engineers about this, and they have not heard of any recent STB recalls or any related software glitches.
This sounds very suspicious. Watch out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)