STB freezes since last software download

What was the latest release supposed to fix from the last one. What were the problems with the last version? Were they as bad. Maybe they should send down the last version and back everybody up to that. I'm due to get mine tomorrow and having had flawless cable service from cox, it sounds like I'll be in the same boat as everyone else with the motorola box. I'm keeping the cable service as a back-up until this is all sorted out. Hopefully it will be.

More lockups here too. Might go with low signal as Ilya surmises. Sometimes I have to disconnect power to reboot -- holding power button does not always work anymore.

I can live with this until it gets fixed, but the problem is definitely worse than before the upgrade.

VegasVoomer said:
What was the latest release supposed to fix from the last one. What were the problems with the last version? Were they as bad.
I'm not sure it was supposed to fix anything. It's purpose was to enable the Caller ID. Although a fix or two may have been thrown in for good measure.

Mine freezes up at least 1-2 times a day.

Couch Patato said:
Well, I hope all of you read my posts. You know how to fix it until they come up with a new update.

How do you turn off the caller ID?

Moderator Request

Couch Patato said:
Well it has been four full days since I unpluged the phone line on my living roon reciever. Guess what? NO LOCKUP!

Ilya Could we get Couch Potato's solution in his string above put on it's own Sticky. I've been looking for a resolution for the freezes for days and this has been buried in here and I know not everyone has seen it.
Assuming it works ofcourse, I'll be trying when I get home.

dnyce said:
Ilya Could we get Couch Potato's solution in his string above put on it's own Sticky. I've been looking for a resolution for the freezes for days and this has been buried in here and I know not everyone has seen it.
Assuming it works ofcourse, I'll be trying when I get home.
Ok, Done!

press the * key on the remote

Vlad D said:
Mine freezes up at least 1-2 times a day.

How do you turn off the caller ID?
With your remote: Press the Voom button... Press the green button... With the "Quick Settings" highlighted, Press the OK button...
Or, just press the * key on the remote, at anytime...

voomvoom said:
With your remote: Press the Voom button... Press the green button... With the "Quick Settings" highlighted, Press the OK button...
Or, just press the * key on the remote, at anytime...

Thanks. I figured it out yesterday. Actually, mine was already off. So I just unplugged the phone line and haven't had any freeze-ups since.

Vlad D said:
Thanks. I figured it out yesterday. Actually, mine was already off. So I just unplugged the phone line and haven't had any freeze-ups since.
Wow, the 7.26 fiasco equates to someone ringing my doorbell and having all my electrical systems fail. This is unsat!!!

I tried disabling Caller ID and unplugging the phone line but I could still get my STB to freeze. My freeze was predictably occuring when I surfed to a paricular OTA subchannel. If I tried to surf by it - blam - lockup. Since this particular subchannel had worthless crap broadcasting all the time I chose to "hide" it from my channel list and now my STB doesn't freeze any longer. This may be similar to the issue Ilya was describing regarding low signal - not sure though.

Ilya:

Good call, that thread describes the problem I was having exactly. As soon as I hid the channel all was well. Sounds like a bunch of people had the same issue and came to the same workaround.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)